Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Apr 7, 2020 2:55 PM

Service Technician

Yesterday, after a week and a half of waiting, the service technician did not show up for the 1-3 PM appointment. I received a text from an automated number saying that the technician is late but should arrive by 5 PM. Around 6:30 PM, I contacted customer service as I had still not heard anything from the technician or anyone else. Customer support said that the technician was on the street working on the lines to set up new service and would arrive after to install internet service later that night. No one showed up that night. The next morning, I again contacted customer service and arranged for a technician to come between 4 PM and 8 PM. A few minutes later, I received another call from an AT&T employee to reschedule the installation appointment. When I informed them that I had arranged for the 4 - 8 PM window this afternoon, they said they did not see the appointment in their system. I was told to see if they come and, if not, wait for their call to reschedule. I was also told that the next available appointment wouldn't be for almost two weeks, making the total wait for internet installation approximately one month from the time I went to the store to obtain the service.

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

I am surprised new customer installs are still being taken with repair and maintenance of existing accounts include first responders, businesses, hospitals, etc being the top.

The current tech workforce is 50% or less in most markets, limited number of techs means limited jobs completed per day.

In late 2011, the average wait time from order to install was 6 weeks.

Over the years that number has been reduced but the current global health crisis will likely bring the number back up.... 4 to 6 weeks wait time until BAU hopefully returns.

Did you know the 1918-1920 pandemic (Spanish Flu) claimed low estimate of 17.4 million lives when the worlds population was around 1.8 billion...

While peak mortality was reached in 1918 the pandemic did not end until two years later in late 1920.

If COVID-19 follows will end in 2022 with about 1% of the worlds population (current estimate 7.8 billion) dying from this would be 77 million deaths.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

Funny that they are able charge me for the service but are unable to set it up. Thanks for bringing up the health crisis. I am aware of the reduced workforce, my workplace is doing the same thing. I am still, however, responsible for making my deadlines. None of that excuses the lack of communication displayed by AT&T. I can not conceive of situation where leaving me in the dark, forcing me to sort it out via customer service, is acceptable. I have been a customer for years and will be leaving as soon as I can. I am lucky to live where there are other options and will be pursuing those.

• 

3 Messages

To add to that, I am not a new customer. I just bought a house. I was forced to cancel my old service and get new service because they can't, for some reason, transfer service in the store. That with the fact that the office that you call to transfer service was not open due to the virus.