For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
H

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 24th, 2021 5:29 AM

Closed

Self installation Question

I recently signed up for AT&T internet, and I chose the 'AT&T Internet 18' plan. I just found out that there will be a $100 installation fee. However, when I called back to try to change my service to self installation, they told me I wasn't able to do that for this internet plan. That seems ridiculous to me, considering that the previous tenant used AT&T internet in my apartment, and it is already wired for them. Does anybody have any experience in getting them to let me install it myself? Thanks.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

You sure about the $100?

Installation is $99, the credit management fee for those with no credit or poor credit is $100.

If will be receiving an AWARDS CARD, just consider that to be a rebate on the installation charge.

Customer Self Installs (CSI) where the equipment is shipped to you is $35, if have any issue completing the self install requiring a tech appointment, the FAILED CSI charge is $99 same as the Full Tech Install (FTI).

If best speed can order is 18 this is ADSL2+ with best upload speed of 1. 

Are these speeds going to work for you? IF need faster will need to consider your local cable options. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.