Poor Wi-Fi - Solutions for Your Internet Experience
Learn the best location for your modem
Did you know modem location can affect your Wi-Fi signal? The images below show the difference between a poor Wi-Fi signal and a good Wi-Fi signal
- Place the modem in a centralized location in your home.
- Keep electronics away from the modem.
- Place the modem on an elevated surface, off the ground.
- Check out this video for a visual
This will improve Wi-Fi coverage if the location is an issue.
Heads Up: Metal frames, thick walls, and the construction of the home can impact the Wi-Fi signal. Adjusting the channel may improve this in some instances. Using a wired connection is recommended. Also, purchasing a Wi-Fi extender may improve your experience.
Location Not An Issue?
- Make sure you have the best modem environment.
- Learn how to adjust channels and other recommendations that can help improve Wi-Fi Speeds.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist