Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need help connecting your router?
Pthomas0610's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 8:09 PM

Need internet, told I’m up the creek without a paddle!

So all my neighbors have ATT 25mbps but when I called to get it, after getting the runaround, that the service has been sunset in our area till Fiber rolls into the area. Fiber is no where close to being here, but yet I’m left with no internet service at my address since ATT is the only one out here. My cell service with ATT isn’t even strong enough out here to allow me to hotspot from my phone. This took a ticket, an escalation of said ticket, then closing them both without notifying me of anything, 12 phone calls, and a conversation with the loyalty department supervisor, and 3 weeks….just to be told I’m out of luck until fiber comes out. I have a daughter in school that needs internet for homework, I’m in college and need internet access for that, and I have someone in SSDI in my household that uses internet for entertainment while they’re stuck at home. This is ridiculous. My only option at this point is to cancel my ATT cell service I’ve had since 2004 and find a cell provider that picks up out here to hotspot, and that’s still expensive. I just don’t get how ATT can refuse to service my address for internet with no timeline for when fiber may be here. I even asked to speak to someone in Engineering and got told it would do no good so no. What kind of customer service is this? 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

Zip code with closest major intersection.

In areas where fiber is available, hardwired xDSL service would not be offered. However in non fiber areas with Uverse platform available and no fiber we are still installing internet in our region.

For service to be available need both port(s) and terminal connection to provide service, if the ports are filled waiting for someone to cancel service before a new account could be added.

Satellite internet should be available if have clear line of sight to southern skies. Cellular service (fixed wireless) might be available from a different provider.

ATT is continuing fiber build out till at least end of 2025 when 50% of hardwired addresses within 21 state footprint will have direct fiber (FTTP) option.

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Satellite internet is $175 a month for 100GB so not attainable and others in the area said they’ve tried it and the service was awful. Fixed wireless isn’t available her from any cell provider, I’ve called them all. 30179 Rainey Rd and Bethany Woods Drive is the closest intersection. I was only told it was sunset in the area waiting on service transfer, not that I know what that means. But a neighbor said she had the same issue when she moved in last year and she called enough and found someone that knew a work around to get her added anyways. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

High Speed Country Internet, Fixed Wireless option?

Xfinity (46%) and Spectrum (41%) coverage, have you talked to either about cost to deliver hookup (expect $3k to $10k). 

https://broadbandnow.com/Georgia/Temple?zip=30179

edit…

1.2% of consumers in Temple

200 People

Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I have literally tried every service provider and nothing besides ATT is offered in my neighborhood outside the satellite option that’s unaffordable. I don’t have the money to see about running the others out here, but thanks for the suggestion. High speed country internet is $225 for 25mbps speeds.  Just hoping someone could find a way to get ATT to turn my address green so I could be added until fiber comes out. If I have to wait for fiber, I’ll learn to live without internet by then. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.