Need help connecting your router?
B

New Member

 • 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 14th, 2021 9:15 PM

Need AT&T to come service our area

Good morning,

 

I live in a newer rural subdivision in McConnells, SC (borderline of York,Sc. I can take 1 step to the left and I’m in York, SC.  Our only options for internet satélite Internet which is overcharging for Internet for the bare minimum data. 

 

We have a fully populated rural subdivision and they are about to built more homes in the subdivision. About 2 months ago, i noticed ATT was in our subdivision at someone home, however, AT&T doesn’t cover 99% of our area. 1 minute up the road  AT&T provides services.  If AT&T provided internet services in our area, everyone 9 times out of 10 would sign up. 

 

Wondering who at ATT I can contact to find out if they plan on entering our subdivision as well.  I can guarantee that most houses would immediately sign up for service if this happened. 

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kanisha (Edited per community guidelines)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

Ideally the developer of the subdivision should have contact ATT when the other utilities were being installed.

80% of the addresses within ATT footprint has some form of hardwired service, the other 20% which is rural, semi-rural will be provided using 4G LTE or 5G where available.  This was announced in November 2012... when PROJECT VIP was announced as the 3rd phase of the UVERSE 10 year buildout which was completed December 2015.

The first question is ATT the ILEC for your area or a different company such as CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc?

ATT has reached over 14 million addresses with direct fiber offering up to internet 1000 since 2016 with another 2 million to be offered by year end 2021 bringing total to over 16 million out of estimated 76 million total addresses within the 21 state footprint. 

From planning to activation can take 2+ years.

Who are the ISPs for your zip code?

https://broadbandnow.com/South-Carolina/Mc-Connells?zip=29726

Does Comporium or TruVista service your area?

Internet Access in Mc Connells South Carolina

There are 9 internet providers in Mc Connells with 7 of those offering residential service.

  • Mc Connells is the 130th most connected city in South Carolina ahead of Chester, but behind EdgemoorRock HillSharon, and York.
  • There are 5 companies offering business internet services in Mc Connells.
  • There are 114 internet providers in all of South Carolina.
  • South Carolina is the 28th most connected state in the U.S.
  • Fiber optic internet is available to 37% of York County residents.
  • 12% of residents in York County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
  • Almost 93% of consumers in South Carolina have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.

(edited)

Varalakshmi

Former Moderator

 • 

697 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @benjamink2,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum, and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02, your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

New Member

 • 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Comporium and Truvista does not service our area. The other internet providers you listed does not cover our area either. 

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

Does your address qualify for fixed wireless?

If not cellular HOMEBASE aka HOTSPOT would be the other option besides satellite internet.

New Member

 • 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have hotspot internet but it’s not consistent all the time. Just don’t like that 1 minute up the road can have more options for internet but our subdivision cannot. 😪. Wish Comporium and AT&T would service our subdivision. Thanks for your feedback. 

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Looking for the customer service number to report ATT power lines are down ? Does anyone have the number or know where to find it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.