Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 10:48 PM

My internet installation

I recently purchased direct tv cable and internet, my cable was installed but my internet wasn’t. I cannot cancel my cox account because of this! Amd they are gonna charge me again. I shouldn’t purchased direct tv and their internet

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

Two different division of ATT, installed by different different work groups....

DirecTv is installed and maintained by local contractors, while ATT internet is installed and maintained by ATT Uverse employees.

Most times the two services are not installed on the same day, on the rare cases they are, normally not the same time frame, one could be AM install while other is a PM install.

Have dispatched on internet installs, the DirecTv installer was already there and gone as no signal available due to the trees, then the customer has to decide to install internet, and future Uverse IPTV where available or the streaming ATT TV, internet based tv requiring at least 25M internet.

Or cancel the install for services....

edit... DirecTv does not provide internet, will always be provided by an ISP including COX for internet, with DirecTV as an option.

DirecTv only has a 24 hour cancel period, after 24 hours would have a $480 Early Termination Fee per the agreement you signed when service was being installed.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

i was trying to get in touch with at&t and I cannot even get a hold of anyone... nobody told me when they will install the internet... coz im getting billed again by cox

TechMann

• 

87 Messages

2 months ago

I think that they don’t install it on the same appointment, that there’s going to probably be another tech that’ll come and install Internet.

As there’s a directv tech and a uverse tech.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

yeah but the problem is i cannot get a hold of anyone i have been waiting for 45mins for somebody to answer my call