Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

11 Messages

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 11:14 PM

Internet set up

I am trying to set my internet up by myself and the broadband light won’t change from red to green. was I supposed to get a green cord that sets up the broadband ?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

Depending on your service, should have a cord (white or green) that connects to the wall jack to the GREEN port (DSL) your gateway.

If have FTTP service with internet 100 or better, direct fiber self install from existing ONT, should have received an RJ45 ethernet cable that plugs into the RED port of the gateway.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

11 Messages

I got the ATT 1,000mbps. I have a box that was already installed in my house. Can you tell me if I have these plugged in correctly?

• 

11 Messages

This

• 

11 Messages

And this

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

pics?

From the ONT, if 010 would be ethernet from center of ONT to the RED port of gateway.

May or may not have additional wiring connection but to test start with having the gateway a few feet from the ONT, the ONT should have 4 lights....

POWER, solid green

PON solid green

ALARM off (dark0, not RED

DATA, flashing amber when gateway connection detected.

The gateway should have BROADBAND GREEN when the ONT DATA light is flashing.

May take a little time to sync and take software update (power light on gateway flashing orange), then the unit reboots.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

11 Messages

none of the lights on the ONT are on or flashing.

• 

11 Messages

I just called and was hung up on. I am a college student and I have online classes now and I really need help setting this up. Someone please help!

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

Is the ONT connected to power? There should be a power adapter plugged into an outlet, with a cord running to the ONT.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

11 Messages

whoever set up the att ONT drilled a whole into the wall in the cabinet where the wire is running through. I can’t see where the wire is going in the wall. Any ideas?

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

No lights on the ONT mean no power; either not connected to power, or the power adapter has failed, or the ONT is defective. If there's a plug in the ONT power receptacle, you need to trace it to the source.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

There is an on/off switch on the bottom right hand side of the ONT, is it depressed in?

Following the power supply cord on the bottom right, is it plugged in?

From your pic... the bottom left (green/white connector) is the fiber line

The middle connector, RED ethernet cable is the data cable to gateway

The right side black wiring is the power supply that needs to connect to ac outlet.

• 

11 Messages

@davemize when you say trace it, should I pull it out of the hole? I don’t want to damage anything. But I can’t see if it’s even plugged in

• 

11 Messages

@my thoughts all 3 are plugged in securely. To clarify. The only cable that should be connecting the ONT to the router is the red one?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

If the power cord is going into the wall...

Check the other side of the wall or if basement below, check in the basement.

The length of the power supply cord is maybe 4 feet, so it is going too far from the ONT.

The end of the cord is a small rectangle block plugging into ac.

• 

11 Messages

could it be outside my house?

On the right is where the box is (in the cabinet) in the left is a cabinet and behind that is outside.

• 

11 Messages

Here you can see the hole where it is feeding into.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

The hole is the fiber line coming in from the outside, this line has the green fiber end on the left side. Do not pull this line, leave some slack in the line, do not want to break the fiber connection, if do, will require a service call to place a new end. (broken fiber line means RED ALARM light will be on once ONT is powered up.)

The power supply is the BLACK cable, follow the BLACK cable, needs to be plugged into ac outlet, power strip maybe... AND be sure the power button underneath the ONT is depressed in.