Need help connecting your router?
Hr4bucs's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 5:44 PM

Internet service

I have called multiple times and was told that home internet service is available. Two different installers said it was not. I bought an unlimited hot spot, only to find out I was lied to again. It’s not unlimited even though I verified with two different agents. If internet is not available, please tell me. I would like to have att services, but right now, it looks like no one knows what the crap they are doing. I will cancel the hotspot today since that will not help at all

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Have you gone to https://www.att.com/availability/ and entered your address to see what's available? Does this support what you've been told by the installers?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@davemize the website shows it’s available. The installers say it is not.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

If addresses on either side of you have Internet and you can't get it, then it could be a resource issue. The remote terminals that service individual homes have a finite number of connections available. In neighborhoods where higher speed internet (50Mbs and higher) is available, each subscriber could have a bonded pair connection, which uses two connections in the terminal. In such an instance, there isn't much that can be done, since the only solution would be to provide more remote terminals- a costly solution.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Need help with Smart Home Manager.  App went rogue about a week ago.  States that gateway is offline.  Interesting thing is that WiFi service remains intact.  All devices on line without disruption.  Is this due to an app update?  How do you resolve.  Went through the gamut of tips per help deck with no resolve...or direction.

Thanks J

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

Instead of hijacking this topic which has nothing to do with your problem, why not start a new topic explaining your issue and what you've tried to correct it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.