Need help connecting your router?
jmeperez's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 18th, 2017 2:46 AM

Closed

Internet interference when vehicles pass

I know this sounds odd, but my internet streaming seems to buffer every time vehicles pass my apartment. My modem lights look fine. I feel this has something to do with the fact that the technician said he had to run my line under ground. Has anyone else experienced this? 

bloomin

Scholar

• 

258 Messages

5 years ago

@jmeperez

I posted a reply to your question but for some reason it was removed, although I have no idea why. 

As I said previously it IS possible for car ignition electrical interference to affect a DSL line however in most cases if the proper outdoor line is used and it should have been there should be no problem. A noisy line can cause problems.

You need to post your stats when this is happening. Type in this address 192.168.1.254 into the TOP search box of your browser and it will bring you to the gateway stats pages, you need to look for things like SNR, Attenuation, and power level output, CRC errors ect....Try to take your snap shot of the stats when you are experiencing the problem.

Thanks.

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Yes, technicians always blame it on my devices connected to the internet and do nothing to fix the issue

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

@AW1800  Why would you sign up for an account here and then immediately dredge up this 5 yr old post only to post this useless comment?  If you have an issue you'd like help with, start your own post and include as much detail as possible.

Closing this thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.