Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need help connecting your router?
F

• 

1 Message

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Internet Install Issues

Ordered internet a few days ago and got my package yesterday. Attempted to install only to find out I need wall jacks. Don’t have any. No mention of this when ordering. Called customer service which is automated only to be told my internet was working fine which it’s clearly not! Was told I couldn’t talk to a rep due to COVID which makes no sense at all! I’m stuck! Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.6K Messages

2年前

To qualify for a Customer Self Install, there had to have been working service at your address in the fairly recent past. For a CSI, a tech is sent out in advance to ensure that a signal exists at the NID (junction box) on the outside of your home. The tech does not perform any inside functions, which is why a CSI is only $35. The problem with this concept is that previous residents can screw up inside wiring, wall plates, etc., including removing previously existing outlets. If you really have no accessible wall outlets, you'll have to call 800.288.2020 for a tech install- meaning an upgrade to a $99 installation charge.

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.