For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
A

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 14th, 2021 1:27 AM

Internet Activation Date Changing

When I signed up for my Internet it originally said my installation date was May 11 and the 11th came and despite the fact I was told someone would come install my equipment and set my Internet up no one came so by the end of the day I called AT&T and they said that no one was supposed to come despite the multiple emails I have that say the 11th was my installation date and that they were sending me a self installation kit and I got the self installation kit today on the 13th and now they’re telling me my Internet doesn’t start until the 17th. I am working from home and currently can’t do that because apparently there’s no way for them to flip the switch on today and I have to wait until the 17th. I sat on the phone for two and a half hours and have not gotten any help. Is there any way to activate my internet sooner since I have all of the equipment set up? Since I was originally told the 11th that is what I told my company and now I have already gone more than two days of not being able to work because of this delay in constant miscommunication. 

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

Moved?

IF not, should never cancel your existing service until the new service is up and running.

What was the time window for the 11th?

Self install is not flipping a switch... generally it means a tech is dispatched to make the outside connections, and will test service is the closest point without entering the premise. For single family homes this is either an outside NID attached to home or the serving terminal. 

Self install requires someone previously had working service.

In my experience, about 60% of self installs work as expected for the other 40% will need to call and schedule a tech install for failing to be able to complete the self installation.

What internet speed ordered?

Which equipment did you receive?

You can connect the equipment to the jack at any time, when service is provided the gateway will connect and take software update.

In the meantime, have you download the Smart Home Manager app, and register your account. If gateway is working but account not registered will not be able to surf.

For those times when service may be lacking (repair appointment) the choices will be to use a hotspot or have a redundent ISP such as cable. This having (2) ISPs is becoming a thing since COVID start due to virtual learning and WFH... some will split the services between the family members reducing total bandwidth demands.

Standard repair times can be 24 or 72 hours...

If your self install is not completed, expect that amount of delay to schedule the tech appointment.... full tech installs (the tech enters the home) is a $99 charge while self installs are $35. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.