For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
P

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 15th, 2020 12:39 AM

Installing WiFi Smart Gateway Problems

Hi all, I've been trying to install this WiFi Gateway modem for a few hours now. My broadband lights keep blinking red(After 15 minutes its suppose to turn GREEN), and now my Smart Home Manager is saying Setup ready on December 31. I am very confused on what's going on. I log into my AT&T account and seen a red exclamation saying " We're getting your account ready for your installation. You'll be able to activate your service once we're done." I'm not sure if its my phone lines or if AT&T is being disruptive. Anyways feedback is much appreciated. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

3 years ago

From the message you're getting when trying to access your account I'd say your service hasn't been turned up yet.  Don't know about what the smart home manager is telling you. 

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

December 31 of what year?

If there is an outside problem, facilities issue, you would be placed to 2037(?) as a hold while the outside work is being completed.

As your doing a self install, it is difficult to say what the issue, admin or tech related. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Yes it is December 31, 2036 and id rather not wait 16 years for my internet to be installed. Haha. I had called customer service and they didnt have a clue as to why my account said that. Im at work at the moment and havent checked on the Smart Wifi modem to see if the problem has been fixed or not. Its been plugged into the broadband phone jack overnight and turned on.

Thanks for the responses. Ill probably give them another call if its not blinking

green when i get home.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.