Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
S

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 8:02 PM

How to check whether or not I can have both Comcast and AT&T internet at the same household simultaneously

How to check whether or not I can have both Comcast and AT&T internet at the same household simultaneously? I currently am on a Comcast internet plan which has outages intermittently and I'm trying to explore adding AT&T internet onto my household on top of my Comcast internet in order to have dual ISPs simultaneously in case one fails. I have multiple WFH roommates that telework so this is necessary information that I could not get out of an AT&T phone rep when I reached out this morning. The self-checkout process online also does not tell me the technical details behind my available AT&T internet plan in my area. Advice greatly appreciated.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I can observe Internet 100 (<=100Mbps, connection unspecified on self-service checkout and phone rep) is offered at my current address (no annual contract) through AT&T. I'm on Comcast's Blast! Pro+ (<=300 Mbps, connection via cable broadband internet).

My current router that I have hooked up to Comcast's modem unit is capable of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless bands so I have no issue disabling one or the other in order to establish a secondary wireless connection through AT&T as a failover. I also have networking switches in my house to provide wired connection for which I can failover with as well.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.