For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
J

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 4:34 AM

How do I make a complaint to ATT .

I made an appointment for someone to come see if we could get reception for a fixed wireless internet service. The first day I waited 4 hours, when no one showed, I called to see where the tech was. I was told that they were very sorry but "something was wrong with the tower in our area" and the appointment got canceled, they were sorry I had waited all day. Another appointment was made, I waited 3 1/2 hours for a tech who lived 20 minutes away. He had been sent elsewhere first. He determined that we got a good signal, so we decided to go ahead with the install. He started the installation but then had to take his mandatory lunch break, so he went away for a bit then came back to finish the install. Got everything hooked up and for the next 2 hours he tried to connect our router but was unable to do so. We're talking that he had tied me up for 5 hours by this time. We had to leave the house in 45 minutes, just enough time for us to shower and get on the road, so I asked him to leave. He said everything should be connected by the time we got home that evening, if not, call in the morning and they would send someone to check it out. He also said he would not close the installation. We got home, the connection was still not made. I called in the morning, and was told the earliest someone could come would be the next day, Saturday, between 8-12. I waited until about 11:30a and called to find out where the tech was. I was told that I didn't have an appointment and that my internet was working! I told the poorly english speaking person that it was not working. They insisted that it was, the installation was closed. I finally convinced them it was not working, and I finally got an english speaking person in the loyalty department. We decided to cancel the installation but when I asked for an appointment to have the equipment removed I was told they just leave it there! That is not acceptable! She finally got me another english speaking person who made an appointment for the next Thursday, to try to complete the installation or cancel and remove the equipment. We're talking now 2 weeks from the initial no show appointment and 13 hours of waiting or having a tech here installing. So Thursday comes around, appointment made for 8-12. I kept getting text updates that would change the arrival time by 1/2 hour later and later. Finally around 11:15 I called to find out the status and was told it would be another 2 hours! I said that if a tech was not here by noon, the whole thing was canceled! Amazingly enough, the tech who lives 20 minutes away showed up at 11:55. He said he had been sent elsewhere and was told at the last minute to come here. He was not able to connect the internet, supervisor couldn't help, we're up to 17 hours now of waiting or having a tech here, so I canceled the service. But now I'm left with a plate on my roof, a gray box under the eaves, and wires running from there all across the front of my house and down to the plate that goes into my house, AND NO INTERNET!! This is not acceptable! I was never told that if I canceled they would leave the equipment! I did convince the tech to take the antenna but all the rest of the stuff was left! Quite a few of the phone representatives could not speak understandable english and kept insisting the internet was working. This was the worst customer service I have had in years and there is no where for me to contact anyone who can help me.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.