How Do I Get AT&T To ACTUALLY Install My Internet?
I have been without internet for a month now. Prior to that, I had AT&T Internet 18 service for several years without problem. In order to be able to work from home, I wanted to upgrade to the Internet 25 which would give me the 5Mb upload speed that I needed. I scheduled an appointment to upgrade. It took two weeks to get the appointment with a ridiculously long window of 4 hours and I took the morning off work in order to meet the tech there. After waiting for 3 hours, I called and found out that no one was coming. The said that the engineering department decided it was not possible to upgrade. I was upset, but went back to work assuming it was done.
A couple of weeks later I received a call from AT&T wanting to schedule my upgrade installation. I was told that the engineering department just had to do some work on the lines and the work was now completed and I could now get the upgrade. Great, I thought. I scheduled the appointment for later that week and someone came to hook it up. It worked great for a day and a half and then quit. I have not had internet since...a month ago. A technician came out and ran a bunch of tests, ran a new line in the house, couldn't get it working and determined it to be a line issue outside of the house that a different tech needed to address. He sent the order in and someone was supposed to take care of it. No one was ever scheduled to work on it. I finally got another tech to come out, they sent another tech who does the house end stuff, and he finally got another tech to look at the lines. I was told that I couldn't get the 25MB service and would have to go back to the 18Mb service. I said that was fine, I just needed my internet back on. He said he would get the order in.
I then get a call from someone in sales about the service change and he tells me that he can get me different equipment that will make the 25Mb service work and says that is the service offered in my area now so I have to take that, I can't go back to the 18Mb service. I scheduled that, another week out, and waited. I took the morning off again for the appointment and after waiting 3 hours I once again called to find out that no one was coming and once again no one had the courtesy to call and tell me that no one was coming. I get on the phone to reschedule AGAIN and the earliest appointment was over a week out, this morning, 6/11/18. The tech arrives, I explain the situation to him of everything that has happened, he runs a couple of tests on the line and says, "You can't get the Internet 25 here." He tells me he is going to try and escalate the problem through a manager and get it resolved once and for all. I will believe it when I see it.
Here is what I have learned over the past month and a half dealing with AT&T.
- They no longer care at ALL about their customers. They think that they are doing us some great service and we should worship the ground they walk on.
- Their philosophy is more of a, we'll get there when we can, attitude than it is a, we'll get your service running as soon as possible.
- They are happy to continue charging you for your service while you have none. If you read the fine print of your contract, they are not obligated to provide you service. They just have to try. As long as they try, they can keep charging you.
- The left hand doesn't have the slightest idea what the right hand is doing or what it is telling customers. There in absolutely NO connection between sales, technicians and engineering. They all operate on their own and it is a complete cluster, a mess.
- If you try to talk to a manager, they will not allow it. They will not give you copies of the notes of all of your conversations and phone calls. I believe it is why they do not have an email for customer service, if they did, there would be a record of the communications. With phone calls, there is none.
I am sure that this will do absolutely NOTHING, just as everything else I have done has done nothing, but I am at my wits end at this point.