Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 6:51 PM

Fixed Wireless and IP phone

Have fixed wireless and trying to connect my IP phone for work. I can hear dial tone and hear ringing. When answered I cannot hear the other party nor can they hear me. Same is true the other way I receive a cal, answer and cannot hear each other. Advised by my company it may have to do with firewall settings on network. Called AT&T and they said there is no way to disable the firewall for the IP Phone. Went on to say this feature is not available at all with Fixed Wireless. Anyone else running into this issue? Anyone able to fix this issue? May need to move off AT&T since phone is required for my work.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

5.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

According to this topic Fixed wireless doesn't support a static IP and the IP address changes frequently. So my guess would be an IP phone wouldn't work on it.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.