Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need help connecting your router?
mLacay's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022 4:19 AM

Fixed Internet Connection Test Needed on a property before purchasing.

My client is willing to pay for an installer to come out and test the speed/connection for the fixed wireless service that is supposedly available.  He only wants to purchase the property if there is high speed internet available.  The property is currently using Hughes Net through ATT.   We need to rush this process... what can I do?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

Have to order the product to have a tech dispatch...

ATT Fixed Wireless is available to about 1 million addresses within selected areas of 18 states. The speed is listed as 10 down and 1 up

HughesNet offers internet 25, both have data caps. ATT Fixed Wireless last I checked was 350G per month with overage charges of $10/50G up to $200 per month.

May want to consider other options from various cellular companies in addition to the other 2 satellite internet providers, VIASAT (Exede) and StarLink.

FIXED wireless from ATT is installed and repaired by DirecTv techs not ATT employees. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

3 months ago

FIXED wireless from ATT is installed and repaired by DirecTv techs not ATT employees. 

Is this still true with the spinoff of DIRECTV to a separate company?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

@JefferMC 

To my knowledge, yes

FIXED WIRELESS is mainly rural areas where Uverse techs do not work, non platform and core outside line techs would not have the training thud ATT is using DirecTv as a contractor. 

On the other side of the coin is ATT Uverse techs are still supporting (repairs) of Uverse TV receiver,  DVR, etc that is owned by DirecTv since July 2021. DTV has not trained their workforce to support Uverse product line, thus ATT is billing DTV for providing contractor service on every dispatch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.