Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Need help connecting your router?
MrOctober7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 8, 2017 6:46 PM

DSL to U-Verse Migration Issues that have not been resolved

My parents are legacy DSL and home phone customers. On March 30th I finally pulled the trigger and set up an appointment to switch them over to the U-Verse offering and an install date was set for April 5th between 1-3 PM. ~3:30 PM the tech called and said he "had to run back to the main office" and the he "would be out [to the install location] in 25-30 minutes. An hour later he called back and said he could not install due to an outside line problem. 

The following day, April 6th, a tech confirmed that the outside line issue was fixed and there was a clear signal from the NID to the CO and that a tech would be out first thing Saturday (Today, April 8th) to perform the install. No one showed up. Called Customer Service and was informed that I needed to set up a new installation date and the soonest that would be possible is April 13th - 8 days after the initial install was to take place and 8 days without any functional home phone or internet service. I feel this is unacceptable.

The reason I pressed my parents to make the switch was for reliability and future network upgrades that likely wouldn't impact them if they were still on legacy DSL. Before I confirmed the order with the representative on March 30th I made it explicitly clear that there could be no service interruption as landline and internet services are critical - my father is ill and relies on home phone for doctor/appointment communication and my mother works from home while tending to my father. They do not get reliable cell service in the home. The representative guaranteed me there would be no service interruption; if I would have known this would be false I would have never confirmed the new order. 

Any and all contact regarding this situation has been initiated by myself except for the tech cancelation call on April 5th. The 2 hours spent on the phone with customer service this morning was not beneficial as I was transferred between different departments multiple times and had to restate my situation and account details each and every time. Stopping into a local AT&T store after calling got me nowhere was also not beneficial; everyone I talk to just passes the buck down the line. In summary, I don't know what else I expected. This experience has been no better than nearly every other experience I've had with AT&T in the past and all I ask is to be told the truth and promises/guarantees to be honored. 

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

195.8K Messages

5年前

Hello @MrOctober7

We are sorry to see the trouble with your services and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

Once we have your account details be looking for an email to the email associated with your forum ID or a call at a provided contact number.

-ATTCustomerCare

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.