Need help connecting your router?
M

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020 12:40 PM

Do all AT&T wall jacks have their logo

I just moved into an apartment and the apartment as well as AT&T customer service stated their internet service is available at my apartment. I received my router and cables but none of the jacks in my apartment have the AT&T logo nor does the broadband light up when the gateway is plugged into the jack and electrical plug. Please help!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T Uses the same blank wall plates you can buy as home depot, they dont have wall plates with their name or logo on them

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

If you were approved for a Customer Self Install (CSI), that means there was recently service in that unit. Only 1 of the wall jacks will have data service, so you should keep trying jacks until you hit the live one. If none of the jacks are live, you'll have to contact 800.288.2020 and schedule a tech visit. This will incur additional charges.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Should one of the jacks have a port that says broad band? None of mine do. I do however have an old piece that I used at my previous apartment that plugs into the wall with two ports, one for phone and one for broad band 

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T does have a branded jack with two ports on it. One port is a green broadband jack, the other is a gray phone jack used to feed AT&T Phone service from the gateway to the home wiring. We used to be required to install these with each new installation, but I haven’t seen much about them over the past few years.

Did you try all of the jacks in your home with your gateway, as suggested?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.