Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 2:18 PM

ATT technician NOT wearing masks on house calls

I had an ATT technician come to our house yesterday to upgrade the internet, and when I answered the door, with a mask, I was appalled to see the technician was not wearing any sort of mask. He had gloves, but no mask. I think this is an extremely reckless choice on ATT’s part considering how many different houses their representatives have to go to, and the CDC and government have BOTH said wearing masks (both parties) is the only way to prevent spread aside from hand washing and distancing. I am very very disappointed in this company and will now spend the next 2 weeks worried about transmission.

To make it clear, we were having our internet upgraded so my husband could adequately work from home, therefore increasing our monthly bill significantly. It was not an effort of us trying to save money, we have to pay our bills since I cannot work in my healthcare job right now.

Responses

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

The AT&T in Castro Valley doesn't give their employees actual masks to wear, which means it's up to the employees themselves to buy their own. The ones that they did receive- after a month of asking for them- were literal strips of t-shirt cloth. I am not kidding. I'm wondering if other AT&T technicians in other cities are being treated this way too. This is not the first time AT&T has neglected the well-being of their employees. I wish I could talk about the other times, but I will hold off on nagging for now.

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

I visited my 72 year old father today to find an ATT rep standing right next to him NOT IN A MASK!  We are in Harris county with a mandatory mask order.  This is unacceptable.  She was also trying to sell my dad a bunch of crap he didn’t need and I put an end to that and had her leave. 

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

My parents who are high risk have already had TWO technicians come to the house neither of them wearing a mask. It’s terrifying that they don’t care. Recommended they switch to another provider.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Is there anyway to make a complaint??

Same. Thing happened to me n my husband. Service guy was here for. Around 15 minutes before I saw he didn't have mask (husband let Him in while I was in other room.) Hubby didn't think....he was asked then to wear a mask and he did put on something over his mouth.  I feel as if Someone came into my home with a deadly weapon! We are high risk. Very very scary and Upsetting!!

Get started...

Ask a new question