Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
bmetjoe's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Oct 29, 2014 3:00 PM

AT&T REFUSES TO PROVIDE SERVICE

My neighbors have AT&T... I had address verified... Now told uverse can not be installed... No legitimate reason why... My previous post was removed but I have a screenshot if anyone would like to see. What measures have others had success with to establish Uverse service. Keeping it as plain as I can as to not get deleted again...Smiley Indifferent

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 y ago

@bmetjoe wrote:

My neighbors have AT&T... I had address verified... Now told uverse can not be installed... No legitimate reason why... My previous post was removed but I have a screenshot if anyone would like to see. What measures have others had success with to establish Uverse service. Keeping it as plain as I can as to not get deleted again...Smiley Indifferent

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, give them the info.

Include your email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

Yeah I've done that and awaiting a reply, although i feel it will not give me any answers to the direct and specific questions I asked.

Scholar

• 

228 Messages

7 y ago

In all honesty, it could all come down to a matter of inches/feet/yards between you and your neighbors.

Your neighbors may be within the maximum allowed distance for the service, while you may be too far from the central office.

I had a similar problem when I tried to upgrade my uverse internet service once they told me my apartment complex was eligible for higher speed.  A bunch of us jumped at the chance... only one small problem.

Our apartment complex is only technically eligible for the higher uverse speeds... one building out of the 6 in total is actually within the distance for those upgraded speeds. Those of us that upgraded had to downgrade to the slower speeds.

Check your distance and see if you're within the boundaries. You may just have an efficient rep who isn't going to set you up for an installation of a service that will constantly drop due to your distance.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

My neighbors on both sides of me on a street have it so i know its not as simple as that. So in that respect I would have to be closer than one of them...Correct me if Im wrong.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 y ago

@bmetjoe wrote:

My neighbors on both sides of me on a street have it so i know its not as simple as that. So in that respect I would have to be closer than one of them...Correct me if Im wrong.

Only thing I could say 'this is the phone company' and weirder things like this have appeared b4.

Have read reports, one house in a block, was served by a different crossbox (VRAD locations) than all the others.   Turned out they were too far for service.

Hope you can get some help from Customer Care. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

New customer here experiencing a similar issue. Signed up with ATT a few days ago and the install technician said we have fiber on the telephone pole for our house. He said others are set up on the street and it's receiving juice but I needed to put in another install ticket to get it set up. So, I did and then they sent the wrong technician to my house - they sent the repair guy.... The 2nd tech said the same thing as the first tech (we have fiber and that I need to schedule another install). So, after wasting over an hour on the phone, being hung up on, and talking to about 10-20 different ATT representatives telling me I do not have fiber, regardless of what 2 of their professional install technicians said that literally climbed the telephone pole and verified in front of me, I'm going to cancel my service and continue with the more expensive Comcast (I can't believe I'm even saying this!). At least Comcast will send a technician to your house when you ask unlike ATT…

My advice is to avoid ATT like the plague. They're amazing at first but extremely frustrating to deal with and not very knowledgeable. Their internet speeds are also pretty slow and definitely be sure to verify their upload speeds. I did not do this at first and I immediately regretted my decision. My wife is in the music business and is unable to upload music, YouTube videos, or even add moderately large attachments to emails.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.