Need help connecting your router?
DotPat's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 13, 2018 7:38 PM

AT&T has awful customer service for Uverse WiFi.

My family has had the absolute worst experience with AT&T costumer service in regards to my WiFi service. For the past few months, the WiFi a my house has been completely spotty. We’ve been through several technicians and new WiFi routers, but the WiFi continues to randomly turn off for long periods of time or runs too slow to be considered working. Whenever we call the support line, the WiFi “magically” turns back on. 

Last week, the WiFi turned off at refused to work, no matter how many times we unplugged it and restarted it. The technician didn’t show up for four days, mind you we live in little Oklahoma; not big enough to warrant a wait that long. The technician related our problems to a old wire box that served our neighborhood. He said our WiFi would continue to be unservicable until that box was replaced. He also claimed our entire neighborhood would be affected by the box. I went to a neighbors house who also has AT&T to see if it was true. Their WiFi was working just fine.

The technician was able to give us a new box that would not, but only gave us half the speed that we paid for. He told us billing would contact us to give a refund. A week later, and billing did not contact us. I decided to call AT&T, and after three calls, multiple transfers, and an entire day wasted, I finally was heard by a representative, who informed me that our speed was 0.6, about a third of the 1.5 that I paid for. The representative was able to bump our speed up to 0.8, which was acceptable becuase it was over their benchmark of 0.7. He refused to give me a refund, even though I’m not getting the speed I’m paid for, and refused lower any future bills. I’m getting very frustrated with AT&T

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

4年前

Moved....Wifi is internet,  not wireless.  Wireless = cell phones. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

4年前

First off, you need to understand you do not pay for WiFi service, you pay for home internet service. WiFi is just a way to connect to your home internet service without wires. If your problem is really the WiFi, there are ways to improve your WiFi coverage in your home like with a WiFi extender. If, however, you have poor internet service being delivered to your home, that is a different issue. Do you have a computer directly connected to your router and of so, does it have the same issues?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4年前

Even when the computer is directly connected to the router, it is spotty and does not work.  It is not a matter of coverage, but rather the fact that it does not actually connect. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.