AT&T Fixes - Find out how to Improve Wi-Fi & Internet Speed
Learn how get back in service and help improve your Wi-Fi Speeds
Let's get to the point, your home setup can impact your speeds, Wi-Fi, and overall service. For example, if you have a lot of electronics near your modem, they may be causing a poor Wi-Fi connection. And guess what, where your modem is plugged into may cause it to lose service.
Let's start with some top fixes. Below that, you'll find more tips and recommendations for a better internet experience.
We know, all we tell you to do is reboot your modem, guess what, it fixes a lot of things!
Completely out of service? Use our app to troubleshoot and even schedule a tech.
Slow or weak Wi-Fi? Learn how your Wi-Fi with some minor in-home changes
C'mon, don't you know your modem needs a good home? You do now.
AT&T Fiber (1000Mbps)
- AT&T Fiber Recommendation &Troubleshooting - You need to right setup to get the most out of your internet!
Troubleshoot Internet Loss Of Service
Many things can affect your internet experience that you can easily fix. Check out the solutions below:
- Internet Service Down - a reset alone may not restore service
- Is your Windows PC not connecting?
- Wi-Fi 101 - All-in-one support
- Is one device not connecting? - Learn how to get back online
Get the most out of your internet
AT&T is only part of the experience. Your home setup is the other. If your modem is not in the right place, your speeds may suffer.
- Test your speed - knowing your plan is just one part of the story
- Optimize your Wi-Fi signal - just select Scan for Better Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi FAQs: Questions and Solutions - Myths about your Wi-Fi connection
- Streaming at home - What you need for the best streaming experience
Optimize the Wi-Fi Signal
Trying a different Wi-Fi setting is like trying on clothes, you have to find the best fit. Learn how to test different modem settings below:
- How to change your wireless channel on a 2Wire/Pace?
- How to change your wireless channel on an NVG?
- Learn about the different modem settings
- Slow Speeds at Night - Learn some of the causes and fixes
Learn how to change the Wi-Fi Password
Slow browser and site issues
Advanced Router Troubleshooting
- Strict NAT? Bridge Mode? What is IP Passthrough? - Getting your router setup for 3rd party software or devices.
- Static IP - Learn how to set it up.
- Connecting Routers and Other Devices - Basic information for setting up a 3rd party router.
Need Help with Other Services?
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist