Need help with your equipment?
jamiedolan's profile

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 2:01 PM

Wireless flakes out / dies?

Hello;

Last week my Ipods stopped being able to get online via the RG.  I could not find anything wrong with the settings, they just suddenly stopped working.  They acted like they are connected to the network, but can't access anything.

I rebooted the RG and everything worked fine again.

The same thing just happened again.  I am on my hard wired PC.  My laptop which is about 10 feet from the RG is conected, but says "Limited Access" which is what windows normally says when it can get to a router but can't get online.

Similar situation on the Ipod, I can get on the network, but can't access anything.  It was working fine just a bit earlier this morning.

I am on channel 6, which based on all my scans has little interferance in this area.  Plus, as mentioned, my laptop is only (and has been all morning) 10 feet away from the RG.

Any idea what might be going on and how I can address it, I'd prefer not to keep having to reboot the RG.

Thanks

Jamie

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Sometimes the RG needs a hard reset.  Unplug the ac cable for about 30 seconds and reconnect it.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

One possibility could be something interfering with the wireless connection. Read this thread for more info.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/All-wireless-devices-lose-internet-connection/m-p/2536007/highlight/true#M20995

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks. I replied in that thread with some questions. This does sound like what is happening though. It seems very very odd with the devices within 10 feet of the RG. I'd not added anything new around the house and we are a good 100+ feet from the closest neighbors router. I would have never guessed this problem was interference, since everything had been working quite well with the wireless for the first, almost a month.

Thanks
Jamie

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Sometimes the RG needs a hard reset.  Unplug the ac cable for about 30 seconds and reconnect it.

Thanks.  That did it.  We lost power very briefly yesterday and when everything came back up, it was all working again.

Thanks

Jamie

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Two of my laptops kept losing their wireless connections and resetting the RG resolved the issue.  Hopefully you are good to go from here on out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.