Need help with your equipment?
veryangry's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 9th, 2016 5:48 PM

Closed

Why is your service so bad?

AT&T, your service is the WORST I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. You have the worst customer service, the worst technicians, the worst store associates and AT&T store locations in LUBBOCK, TX!!!! You are LIARS and a bunch of CHEATS! Your company has no integrity whatsoever. I was lied to directly to my face and over the phone. You have the rudest people working for you. Your company values suck! 

It is pretty bad when even your own employees say how bad they have it. I hope everyone on this site sees what a terrible company you are. I have put up with your nonsense and lies long enough. I have called in and gone through all the troubleshooting with a service person on the phone at least once a month since having your internet installed in my home. I can tell them what the exact problem is every time, yet they take me through the whole process over and over again.

You have given your employees a script they have to follow to speak to any customers that need assistance. They don't have a clue what else to say or do once they have gone through it all. You employ a bunch of worthless employees! I have begged the technicians to do their jobs and fix the line in the alley way and they still do a ** job. The line keeps getting disconnected or cut that runs the service up to my house. I have asked them to secure it or burry the line multiple times and they have not done so. I have stepped into the alley way multiple occasions and seen the bare cable stretched across the ground in the alley way. At this point I am paying for internet that I am not receiving. You are ROBBING ME of my money! You have broken your end of the contract by not providing a service you promised.

I went into the Lubbock store on Slide and 82nd Street only to find a store full of unhelped people with disgruntled demeanors just like mine. The people were so tired of waiting 30-45 mintues (more like 1 hour and 30 minutes) they either left the store or called the other location on Milwakee Ave. The store on Milwakee Ave said "there was no line or waiting" and that they "are a full service store". Both of those quoted statements were LIES!

I immediately drove over to Milwakee Ave. store. I showed up inside and there were 4 free store associates standing around doing nothing. Eric (the ineffective person that "helped" me) told me that there was going to be a 30 - 45 minute wait. There were only 3 customers being helped in the entire store!! Eric made me wait several minutes for a "manager" that I had requested and insisted on talking to. I waited only to get Eric again as the associate. I asked him if he was a manager and he said no. 

He literally told me all he can do is call the same number I called because they were only "a wireless store". So he gets paid by you AT&T for what I do at home for free! So obviously you should compensate me for every time I had to call in to get the internet "fixed"! Why should I even pay my bill if I am without internet more than it is available to me? Why haven't you checked my call in records for my complaints and already compensated me? Why do I have to wait on your service people for 3 hours to show up at my home to fix the issue every single time?

And another thing, I just love how your text box says what words you can and cannot use to voice your complaint. You even have your websites cover your back side.

I AM SWITCHING TO VERIZON WHERE CUSTOMERS MATTER!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AT&T!!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Really!  Just try to get decent customer service for products that don't work!  Good luck!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Really!  Just try to get decent customer service for products that don't work!  Good luck!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I made a comment out of frustration and there was a solution to my problem, I regret my post.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I bundled my plan back in June , and they have cut my direct tv off twice , everyone I call att they give me a run around for 46 min and then hang up , my situation has not been resolved yet . How do I talk to the head person over att ? I have documents of name , time , date and witness's on my behalf . I have contacted the better buissnes about the situation to . Does anyone know who and how to talk to the head person of att ???

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Join the club!!  I've been an ATT customer for 10 years and one day I was hung up on 9 times and just gave up. It took me A Year to resolve my problem!!  Good Luck. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Don`t be kidding.  Compared to Verizon FIOS in east coast, uverse is just another piece of trash, overpriced and with poor service. What the manager offered to me is to downgrade the 45 Mbps connection to something else because "they can`t push this to my area now" after multiple disconnection happened in three days without thinking if it is the inability to push the service, then there should be be connection at all. And I need to require a third time of inspection to examine the lines outside the building again to solve this issue, not mentioning other things like dropping of wifi connection that I`ve almost never encountered with verizon or even comcast.

The existence of att is pretty more a joking.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I absolutely hate uverse internet. I believed I was buying faster sevice than dsl. I remembeer dial up services years ago and believe it was faster than uverse, at least knew going in might have a timed-out episode. I've had nothing but frustation every day since switching with messages such as, oopes something is wrong, cant find page or dns not responding. Am I the only person noticing that uverse isn't being offered any more?

I have contacted support services several times and have given up problem being resolved. I am trying to find out how can I and how much bundle buy out will cost me or if I can buy out internet part of contract. Uverse has taken all my enjoyment out of internet. I've pretty much decided I have no choice whatever the price. Now to find someone customer service to help me!

My complaint with Direct TV is that storms knock out service and since i don't watch  a lot of tv it is not as worrisome as internet.  I didn't have TV problems with cable

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How (Bell), excuse me, AT&T (Sigh) is still in business is beyond me. I made the awful mistake of setting up service with these crooks a few months ago, and the customer service is the worst I have experienced in my life! FIRST they told me it'll be almost over two weeks before they can send a tech out to my house to install only internet. OK. Two weeks came, I'm at work but my oldest son is home, the Tech came in CHECKED THE PHONE JACKS FOR A SIGNAL....AND LEFT!!!!!???? UMMM OK. I call AT&T after work and after an hour of mumbo jumbo I finally get someone. ME: Ummm, "wheres my internet?" "A tech came and still no internet, THEM: OH we're sorry that was an error we thought you requested home phone service....ME: Ummm Ok, get him back out here and get it right because there is no pause button to the bill so get on your job" THEM: It'll be another week before we can send another technician. Ok...I need internet so I'll be patient. That day comes, I'm at work again, the tech calls me at work you're all set you have internet and all the account info will be here when you get off. ME: Ok thank you, may I ask what room you have the modem installed? TECH: "What modem Sir"?  ME: LOL, Ummm THE modem that distributes the @#$% internet signal man! "Oh" I don't install modems, you're suppose to have your own, you'll have to call AT&T and ask them about it. ME: OK when I signed up, the dishonest lady told me I would be supplied with a modem. TECH: I'm sorry sir you'll have to call them. ME: "I thought you was them." TECH: I can check in my van and call you back" ME: Look man, if you don't have me a modem and a smooth running internet connection in my house TODAY, I no longer want this service"! 2 minutes later he calls back, (Not even enough time to get back to his van) Yeah sir I found a modem. ME: (in my head) You knew you had the dam modem. OK now I have internet. But noticed it was way slower than it should be for this day and age, I'm talking AOL free CD speed. I signed up for a 6Mbps package but noticed after numerous speed test I wasn't getting over 2.50. Now mind you that 6 isn't even enough but it's all they said was available in my area, and I don't even believe that anymore. Anyway, I called and told them about the low speeds, and they said they said they picked up some trouble in the lines and they would send a tech. A bill came before the tech, when I called to ask about him, they said he had the wrong account and house and it'll be another week before they can send someone. Another week passed, I refused to pay till someone showed up, they cut my service. I had some serious work to do so I paid and ask about the tech coming out. They told me that the speeds I'm getting is what I signed up for, and some foreign guy just said yep yep yep uh huh uh huh is there anything else I can help you with? I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SCREWED OVER AND LIED TO BY A COMPANY SO BAD IN MY LIFE. I CAN'T TALK TO ANYONE AND UNDERSTAND THEM, THEY SWITCH ME FROM DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT, TAKES THEM 3 MONTHS TO DO ANYTHING AND THEY STILL DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY IN THREE SECONDS. AT&T, you should shut down and stop robbing people. Your service is so bad that it seriously should be illegal. I called comcast today and they are coming out this Saturday, why oh why didn't I call them before. 150Mbps compared to AT&T's crappy 2Mbps. Comcast will get me and my families business for now on. You guys will not get another dime from me, the next bill payment will be going to Comcast. You guys should be ashamed, I mean who is in charge there anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Wow, this person is truly helping. This service is THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

We've had problems since day 1 when Direct TV switched over. When DTV had Time Warner Cable we could get service inside the house, working in the yard, and in the garage. Now, I can barely get service on the other side of the house.

Thinking about my other options at this point..

Beware! Please avoid this service at all cost !!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

att is the saddest thing to exist 

i literally get 2mbps and sometimes even 0.1mbps how is this possible? 

well you see ATT is made up of a bunch of chimps who smash routers together

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.