Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
ATTChrisZ

Employee

• 

106 Messages

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 1:15 PM

Why Is My Internet Slow – Find Out Why

Slow Wi-FI, Learn Why

At night, or when many creatures are stirring, you may notice buffering while streaming, some lag when gaming in some mystical land or slow loading web pages. Because of the current climate, it may be something you are just now experiencing. Why is that? Well, that is normally when everyone is:

• At home and online

• Using a lot of devices

• Streaming shows and movies

• Gaming to help pass time

• Using video conferencing

• One device is causing big trouble

When you factor the above and the number of creatures online, you may experience some trouble. While there isn’t a magic potion that can help, doing a little cleanup and fiddling with modem settings may.

Creed of speed

There are a few basics to Wi-Fi most people don’t know about. And when you don’t know, your Wi-Fi suffers.

Power up your Wi-Fi

Did you know there are settings you can modify to improve your signal? You do now. On top of that, your modem needs a good home, figuratively. Check out the tips below to learn how to get the most out of your Wi-Fi:

Upgrade Your Plan

At the end of the day, your plan may not support all of your online activities. So, sign in to your account at www.att.com and check out your upgrade options.

A Single Device Could Be The Problem

In some instances, a single device could be the cause of your slow speeds. For example, virus protection software can slow your service down because of scans and software downloads. Without getting too technical, sometimes a PC, laptop, or smartphone may cause speeds to drop because of background programs running. Resetting all of your devices is recommended by many experts

Things you gotta know

• Wi-Fi Speeds may not be as fast as wired speeds.

• Wi-Fi is susceptible to electromagnetic interference

• The more devices connected, the more speed you’ll need

• Upgrading your plan is always a good move

• Location of your modem is super important

• Streaming uses more speed than web browsing

• More active Wi-Fi devices, the more interference they emit.

• VPN's may slow service down and cause high pings

Service down?

Use AT&T's FixIt Tool. Instead of calling in, use the app to run steps to troubleshoot. Depending on the steps and issues, you can even set up a tech appointment. You'll even be notified of outages.

ChrisZ

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTChrisZ

Employee

• 

106 Messages

6 months ago

There is a story to Wi-Fi you may not know about. It is not a fairytale.

ChrisZ

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question