Ruth504
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 2:55 PM

Where is the exception list to unblock a safe website?

Error messages says safe website is blocked.  Where is the exception list to add it as a safe site

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I have had this same issue and it is very frustrating. Here is what I did:
  1. Use the web browser to type into your address bar, "192.168.1.254", or whatever your "IPv4 Default Gateway" value is for your internet connection. To find this value, navigate on Windows 11 by going to:
    • -> Press the "Start" (Windows) key.
    • -> Type in "Control Panel" and press enter.
    • -> Click "View network status and tasks"
    • -> "Connections: Wi-Fi (ATTXXXXXXX)"
    • -> "Details..."
    • -> "IPv4 Default Gateway          192.168.1.XXX"
  2. The web browser will navigate you to a web address similar to this: "http://192.168.1.XXX/cgi-bin/home.ha"
  3. Click the "Firewall" hyperlink.
  4. Click the "Security Options" hyperlink.
  5. Enter your "Device Access Code" into the input box, then click the "Continue" hyperlink button.
    • This code can be found printed directly on the back your actual, physical router.
  6. To the right of "Home Network Security", there should be some kind of "Disable" button. Click on that button. Afterwards, it should look something like this:
    • Parental Controls Status Disabled

Home Network Security User Disabled

7. Finished. You should be able to access websites that were automatically blocked by your AT&T router for "phishing". This obviously isn't the proper or secure way of going about this issue. Personally, however, the AT&T Smart Manager "Help" instructions regarding this topic (exception list), and other forum posts were not helpful.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

6 months ago

Yes, @deletemelater926 has provided instructions on how to disable AT&T Internet Security if you have enabled it.

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

6 months ago

I found it on the ATT app on my phone.

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

What's happening for me is there is a site I visit for a mailing list. It is, admittedly, an insecure site (http instead of https) where I enter a username and password to access the posts on the list. But there's nothing of my info on the site. The only risk would be my username and password, which is unique to the site anyway.

I can get to the login page, but when I attempt to log in, then I'm thrown to the "phishing page is blocked" page. I am never given the message from Smart Home Manager that it blocked a page, so I cannot add it to the exceptions list. If I copy the URL and paste it back into my browser, the site takes me back to the login page, which the AT&T security doesn't block. I can loop around in this forever.

It is unfortunate that they don't give us an interface to unblock or whitelist URLs aside from doing it in the notification for these sorts of cases. I guess they assumed they would catch every block in a notification, but they clearly don't.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 months ago

@JoeMacUser , to be clear, you have gone to the Smart Home Manager app and checked your notifications and you see no notification message about this site there?

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

@JefferMC Yes, that is correct. I've checked notifications in the app and in SHM on the web site as well.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 months ago

Are there notifications but not for your site, or are there no notifications at all?

ATTHelp, are you following this??

BTW, the solution would be that given by deletemelater926 , which is to turn off the "Smart" Security entirely.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I've gotten notifications for some other sites, even for ones where I got an error from my browser but didn't get the "page is blocked" page.

Yeah, I could turn off the Security but then I'd lose whatever else it might be doing. This site isn't critical, but if I have more problems I might have to turn it all off.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the same issue. I navigate to a website, then get the AT&T Internet Security notification saying the website is blocked. No notification is received on the Smart Home Manager app, therefore the site cannot be unblocked. 

This is a clearly a defect with AT&T "Smart" notifications if a site is blocked but it doesn't send a notification. And since there is no way to manually whitelist a website, it is a serious defect.

Disabling internet security entirely is not a proper solution. They need to fix their (Edited per community guidelines).

(edited)

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

It's the proper solution when there's no evidence that AT&T ever intends to fix this 💩 software.  This thread is a year old and the problem is actually much older than that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.