Ruth504
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 2:55 PM

Where is the exception list to unblock a safe website?

Error messages says safe website is blocked.  Where is the exception list to add it as a safe site

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@frustrated_users_1200 in the Smart Home Manager app, as soon as you log in do you see this message bubble icon on the landing page in the top right corner?

Once you click this you should see some messages for each blocked site event. You can click the message and "Allow Access" for the offending URL. This should add the URL to your whitelist.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

That's a horrible UI, just for the record.  But at least it's there.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@JefferMC Agreed - this was not intuitive AT ALL and this is the ONLY place to add a URL to the exception list as far as I've seen. ATT should definitely add the ability to whitelist from both the account settings and the exceptions list itself

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I don't even get these pop up notifications, neither in the app on my phone nor on my laptop. These options simply aren't there for me. I'll just try to contact customer support and have them disable it.

This is a trash feature, this keeps blocking pages I know not to be bad websites. I'm paying for overpriced internet, not some crappy security system. They need to stop trying to control people's internet usage, and this is hot garbage UI just like the above people said.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@xkiki777 if you're not getting any notifications, how do you know that AT&T is blocking the site?

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@JefferMC I'm meaning to say that it wasn't a notification in Smart Home Manager, but on the unaccessible page itself. I couldn't access the page and there is a message that says that At&T security is blocking it. But I was not getting notifications on the smart home manager website nor app about it, so I could not add the pages to a white list. There was also no way to turn on nor off the security, it simply was not in my app.

Tech support was able to handle it. I'm not sure if he actually did anything on his end, he seemed confused and did not really know what he was doing. He just had me reset the router back to factory settings by holding the back red button for 15 seconds and the security settings were there suddenly. I was able to turn off the security from there. So if anyone else has a similar issue, factory rebooting their router may fix the issue. 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

Completely turning off Smart Security is probably the best way to handle it.  

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@JefferMC Yep, already did! It just wasn't there before is what I'm saying, I never had any option to configure security until I rebooted. Seems to be some sorta "cache" issue caused by a server update.

Thank you for your time with this.

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I really regret moving back to ATT wifi.  My password manager is getting blocked every few seconds.  The att people could not help. 

The Smart Home Manager is a pain.  It just helps you with password management. 

A few years back, when I had att, I was able to add a safe website, now even their service executives are not able to do. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

11 months ago

My password manager is getting blocked every few seconds. 

What?  How?  

The att people could not help. 

To be fair, it isn't their password manager.

The Smart Home Manager is a pain.

Yes, at times.  It's far from my favorite software.

It just helps you with password management. 

That's a new one.  I've never known it to affect password management positively or negatively.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.