Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need help with your equipment?
Ruth504's profile
Ruth504
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:55 PM

Where is the exception list to unblock a safe website?

Error messages says safe website is blocked.  Where is the exception list to add it as a safe site

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

1 عام مضت

AT&T provides a help page on their new Internet Security with Active Armor here:

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1399140/

Look for the section What do I do if I get a “Webpage blocked” notification? and expand it.

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

1 عام مضت

Right.  Where to I find the exception list and allow access?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

1 عام مضت

In Smart Home Manager?

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

1 عام مضت

I don't get the pop-up to allow access and can't find the exceptions list to add it.

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

1 عام مضت

I know.  I have it open.  Where?

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

1 عام مضت

I see view exceptions but no place TO ADD A SAFE WEBSITE.

Ruth504

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

1 عام مضت

How do I allow access to a safe website?

• 

1 Message

1 عام مضت

After allow access on the app (it will be automatically added in safe website list where you can see it on settings/App Preferences/view exceptions), go to Network tab on the app, and restart wi-fi network. Then you should be able access the website.

• 

3 Messages

1 عام مضت

@Ruth504 I found a solution - the only way to add a site as an exception is to navigate to the notification inbox within your Smart Home Manager account. From here you will see a notification when/if a site is blocked and an option to allow access to this site. Currently this is the only way I have found to add a URL to the exception list (which is really not intuitive, took me about an hour to figure this out) Hope this helps! 

• 

1 Message

10 m مضت

Was also just blocked by this issue tonight. Smart Home Manager > App preferences only shows me push notification settings, no security settings or exceptions list. I have it toggled to get notifications about security alerts, but those don't seem to work (I don't have any notifications actually...)

Why do all the forums and support point to this function that doesn't seem to exist? 

• 

3 Messages

10 m مضت

@frustrated_users_1200 in the Smart Home Manager app, as soon as you log in do you see this message bubble icon on the landing page in the top right corner?

Once you click this you should see some messages for each blocked site event. You can click the message and "Allow Access" for the offending URL. This should add the URL to your whitelist.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

10 m مضت

That's a horrible UI, just for the record.  But at least it's there.

• 

3 Messages

10 m مضت

@JefferMC Agreed - this was not intuitive AT ALL and this is the ONLY place to add a URL to the exception list as far as I've seen. ATT should definitely add the ability to whitelist from both the account settings and the exceptions list itself

• 

3 Messages

10 m مضت

I don't even get these pop up notifications, neither in the app on my phone nor on my laptop. These options simply aren't there for me. I'll just try to contact customer support and have them disable it.

This is a trash feature, this keeps blocking pages I know not to be bad websites. I'm paying for overpriced internet, not some crappy security system. They need to stop trying to control people's internet usage, and this is hot garbage UI just like the above people said.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

10 m مضت

@xkiki777 if you're not getting any notifications, how do you know that AT&T is blocking the site?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.