Need help with your equipment?
xladlk's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, May 16, 2015 6:44 PM

Where do I enter the information to update the routers external ip address at DynDNS.org?

I have the 2Wire 3800HGV-B router now and looking for the page to enter DynDNS.org information so they always have my correct external IP address updated and clients can get their files.  It's always been a part of the WAN setup on all the routers I've used in the past but I can't find it on this one.  Would somebody pls tell me where it's located?  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

7 y ago

The U-verse Residential Gateways (RG) have no way to register DynDNS information.  OTOH, there's little need because your "dynamic" IP address will almost never change.

If you're bound and determined, then you'll need to get your own router, install it behind the RG in DMZplus mode, and then set up the DynDNS information in it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 y ago

@Thinkster wrote:

This is Uverse equipment,  unfortunately it will not have a lot of the standard and extended capabilities of a real router that you purchase.  You would have to see if you could put the Uverse gateway in a bridge mode and hopefully make it act like a plain modem, then connect a real router to it where you can configure stuff like DynDNS and port forwarding, etc.

These are commercial Residential Gateways, not modems or routers.  Designed for Uverse triple play: Uvoice, TV and Internet.  They do provide port forwarding, gaming access, Nat control, etc.  Also have DMZ plus zone and IP Passthrough for router/device behind gateway use.

ATT DNS can be bypassed by placing another DNS address in any computer/device in many cases providing better routing. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Thinkster

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

7 y ago

This is Uverse equipment,  unfortunately it will not have a lot of the standard and extended capabilities of a real router that you purchase.  You would have to see if you could put the Uverse gateway in a bridge mode and hopefully make it act like a plain modem, then connect a real router to it where you can configure stuff like DynDNS and port forwarding, etc.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.