Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need help with your equipment?
StalkingLight's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 19, 2014 3:54 PM

Web server behind NVG589

I just had my router swapped out by ATT and am having trouble accessing my web server from inside the LAN. I set up my DNS A records to point to the router's IPV4 address and set the firewall NAT to send port 80 to my server. I can access my web pages from the WAN but from inside the LAN access times out. I run apache on ubuntu and have a virtual server set up to serice port 80 on any interface.

Any insights would be appreciated. Server development without internal access is troublesome. ATT was zero help and sent me to their for $$ site, but everything worked fine with the old router (which is what everyone says, of course. 😉 so I expect it should work with the new (NVG589). )

The server is at http://www.stalkinglight.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

It seems that with Firefox I can access my site most of the time from the LAN, although access times for various elements obtianed via Firebug range from 5ms to 28s (s not ms) so something is goofy. Chrome can see some of the site but times out and Safari about the same. A fresh load of Opera works some of the time but speed is inconsistent. This is from an OS/X client.

Opera mini on an iPad works fine when connected to the home wifi.

I'll keep playing around with browser settings.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 y مضت

StalkingLight, Did you resolve the problem?   I just came across the same issue.  AT&T tech came out yesterday and replaced the 2Wire for this Motorola NVG589 and now my local web server on local box is only accessible from the outside, but not from the inside, the local box  or LAN.  The public domain name resolves to the nat ip, the http port was opened and forwarded to the local box as normal, all pins opened.  Accessing from local box, Its intermittent in refuse/timeouts, partial displays, which means there are retries, etc.  Using a local IP (127.0.0.1) or private IP (192.168.1.4) for the box works fine and connections coming from the outside works fine.  

Anyway, wishing you are still getting an email notification and can share you solution, if any! 🙂

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.