Need help with your equipment?
aedanbriley's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, March 1st, 2015 6:11 PM

UVerse Speed Dropping Again After ATT Fixed It

Well, ATT social media managers corrected my service a few months ago, and now it has dropped back down again. In fact, it has dropped lower now than it did before. The funny thing is, I am on 18, but can only get up to 12 MAX despite numerous speed tests with different services and at different times. 

Oddly, if I go up to 24 speed tier, I can magically get 18 consistently. Interesting how you can pay for 18 and not get it, but you know for a fact your lines can handle it. Very bait and switch. I would really like for the ATT social team to see this and contact me.

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

Are you speedtesting hardware store or on wifi? Try with a computer plugged straight into the modem and see what you get. Smiley Wink

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@aedanbriley wrote:

Well, ATT social media managers corrected my service a few months ago, and now it has dropped back down again. In fact, it has dropped lower now than it did before. The funny thing is, I am on 18, but can only get up to 12 MAX despite numerous speed tests with different services and at different times. 

Oddly, if I go up to 24 speed tier, I can magically get 18 consistently. Interesting how you can pay for 18 and not get it, but you know for a fact your lines can handle it. Very bait and switch. I would really like for the ATT social team to see this and contact me.

You have to contact them.  Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your missing 6 M on Internet speed situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, speed test was hard wired and wireless both. Same speed on both tests. In my gateway, the actual provision speed/max attainable rate changed. Max attainable went from over 78000 to 53000.

My speed just a few months ago was changed / re provisioned by ATT and I was pushing 21 on the 18. In the last few weeks it slowly dropped and now maxes out at 12, if I am lucky, but usually more around 10. Upload speeds have remained consistent.

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

I'd use the link Chris gave you. They can work miracles.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.