Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 14, 2016 6:14 PM

Using my own router instead of renting.

I only use ATT for internet. I subscribe to the power service (45mbps). I know they had to run a "2nd pair" to my house and use bonding to get that speed. I also know I could get a router and follow the steps to use the ATT gateway as a bridge, but I was wondering if there is a modem that I can buy that won't comprimse the 45mbps so I can get rid of the ATT router all together?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is there still no way to own your own router and gateway for fiber service? This is a deal breaker for me.

tinslwc

Teacher

• 

108 Messages

4 years ago

There are 3rd party resellers of ATT services that allow you to purchase your 'own' modem.  It will be an ATT provided device, but belongs to you - i.e. no lease fee.  From what I understand, you can only get Internet service like this (no phone or TV) but it is cheaper than internet only from ATT.  I own my NVG599, have 18M service, don't pay a lease fee, and it runs me $45/month.

Edit: My service is ultimatly provided by ATT.  ATT installed it and maintains it.  My NVG has ATT written all over it, my IP leases are in ATTs pool.

Get started...

Ask a new question