Troubleshoot your AT&T Internet or U-verse with Amazon Echo Dot
Alexa is here to help with your AT&T service. With Alexa and AT&T support skill, you can test your AT&T Internet or U-verse TV connection and chat with a support specialist on your mobile device.
How it works
It is very simple:
Before you begin
To use the AT&T Support Skill with an Amazon Alexa device you’ll need:
- AT&T Internet or U-verse TV service
- Wireless service with messaging enabled (Compatible device and service plan with text messaging are required. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.)
- An Amazon Alexa device, such as Echo, Dot, Plus, Spot, or Show.
Get the Alexa app or log in to the Alexa portal.
The Alexa app is available for Android (version 4.4 or higher), iOS (version 8.0 or higher) and Fire OS (version 2.0 or higher):
Get and enable the AT&T Support Skill
- Go to your Alexa app or the Alexa portal.
- Under Skills search for AT&T Support.
- Select Enable Skill and follow the authentication process. This includes linking your mobile phone number to the Skill.
- The first time you issue a voice command to Alexa you'll be prompted to provide a Link ID. Visit the Alexa AT&T Support Skill Setup page to get your Link ID.
- After providing the Link ID you won’t be asked for it again by the AT&T Support Skill.
- A Link ID is valid for four hours. If not used during that time, you’ll need to obtain a new Link ID to use the AT&T Support Skill for the first time.
Now you are ready to get started. You can say the following to Alexa to get you going.
Alexa, test my AT&T Internet.
Alexa, test my TV service.
Alexa, contact AT&T support.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp