For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
gondor44's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 5:17 AM

Static IP Block

I need some help with my 5 static IP block. I just signed up for a block and a technician came out to set it up. He told me that he wasn't even required to be there to do it. Regardless, the IP block does NOT work.

I log into my 5031NV gateway and head over to Broadband --> Link Configuration. "Add additional network" is checked and the router address is the second to last IP that was in the 8 digit range given to me. The subnet mask is 255.255.255.248.

Now I head over to LAN --> IP address allocation. In this tab, I switch the comptuer I want to define a static IP for to "Public (select WAN IP Mapping) for the "Address assignment". Under "WAN IP Mapping" I choose Public Fixed A.B.C.D (one of the 5 available IPs to me).

I then power cycled the gateway and my couputer took that static IP, but the internet doesnt work.

Please help me. Ive been at this for hours and everytime I contact AT&T support, they ask me to sign up for $15/month support services. I really need a competent AT&T tech to look into my account and this issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Update: I spent 2 hours on the phone with the technical support escalations department. They couldn't get it to work. They ended up leasing me a new block of static IPs, but that didn't work either. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Doesn't seem likt AT&T can handle this

Update 2: Its all working now. No idea what happened. All of a sudden it started to work. I'll post a guide to this in a few days

• 

4 Messages

If you're still around, would love to see any updates... :)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@gondor44, please post a screen shot of the configuration page (not filled in) for your Gateway as a reply here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.