Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need help with your equipment?
jsimone's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 18, 2015 4:04 PM

Sony blu-ray player not able to receive internet content, but connects ok. New uverse setup.

The blu-ray player being used is the Sony BDP-BX520 3D palyer with Wifi from Costco.  The player was working flawlessly until the uverse intstall.

The install of uverse was yesterday.  Before yesterday blu-ray player was connected wirelessly to my Netgear R6300v2 router perfectly.  I was able to access all internet connent for all services - Netflix, Youtube, Pandora etc.

After the uverse install I got bumped up to 15 mb/s connectivity speed and internet access works everywhere:  TV connects ok, Surround receiver connects ok, ipad, laptops, phones all connect ok and very fast.   Sony blu-ray player does not connect.

Here is what I tried:

1. Reset blu-ray player back to factory settings and connect again wirelessly.  Internet connectlon listed as OK but "receive internet content step 3/3" spins forever.

2. Reset blu-ray player back to factory settings and hard-wire connection to Netgear R6300v2 router via ethernet cable.   Same results.

3. Reset blue-ray player back to factory settings and hard-wire connection to UVERSE modem/router.   Same results.

4. Invoke web browser app on Sony blu-ray player.  Browser starts and can go to google or youtube and I see content displayed - BUT none of the other service widgets will receive content.

I suspect that either Sony network is blocking it due some ipv4/ipv6 strangeness or some setting on the uverse modem/router box is blocking it.  Everything else seems to connect and work ok.

Any advice?

Thanks.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8年前

@jsimone See if this from Sony Support helps:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33288/c/65,66/p/47329,47564,91682/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

Yes, that fixed the problem.  I did a custom DNS setup and set the primary DNS server address as 8.8.8.8 and the seconday DNS server address to 8.8.4.4.

I already had the latest firmware and I did not do a system reset.

Cheers.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.