Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Oct 8, 2016 2:01 AM

Slow DSL

I'm looking for an email address for a DSL supervisor. I've had techs come to my house and check my service and it is still subpar. Very subpar. I've had DSL with AT&T since 2011 and it has never performed as AT&T promised it would in our agreed upon contract. I pay for 6 me and I only get those speeds from about 8 AM until around noon. After that point it goes way down. As I type this my speed is 1 Mbs download and upload is 121 Kbps. I really think AT&T should make this right! I live about 3 miles from the "hub". Maybe they should put one a little closer to stabilize the speeds or at the very least stop selling a service that they cannot provide.

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Come on. Anyone out there have a contact email address???

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

What a joke. What about board moderators? I see this message board is ran just like your DSL service is. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

4 years ago

1) There is no e-mail address.  You may instead click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team.  Actually, that link sends to ATTCare, you might be better off with ATTDSLCare (more technically focused).

2) You have made a post an a public forum provided for AT&T users to communicate with other AT&T users. While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, you should have no expectation that any particular action will come from such a post or any particular time frame for a response from anyone.

3) The moderators are paid to make sure the posters observe Community Guidelines, one of which is a prohibition against discussing legal action, so expect that to disappear from your last reply.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

That's exactly what I thought. You can ban me from these boards if you would like. That doesn't change the facts.
Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

4 years ago

Who said anything about banning anyone?

The guidelines are meant to keep this forum civil.

In fact, I think you will find, this board is actually fairly tolorant of negative comments (aka ranting) so long as they stay family friendly.

I myself have been know to post personal comments about ATT practices that i find questionable, and I have not found myself to be censored, as long as I maintain tact and decorum.

Granted, it is not licence to say just anything, but as a general rule, folks are given broad latitude in comments.

Yes, we can't talk about posting personal or propritory information, or sugesting ways to circumvent various features of the various att services.

Sadly, some of the independant contractors att uses, do on occasion misrepresent products and services att offers.. and yes, the over seas call centers can be hard to understand sometimes, and mostly work from just a script, and have no personal knowledge of what they are representing....

and it seems at times, no matter how many times you call, the csr's just can't seem to address your problem, and I could go on and on...

But, to be fair, the majority of customers get fair value for their money.. so.. some negative, with the good.

Anyways, MY two cents worth....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

The point I'm trying to make is that no matter how many times I've called for a tech the issue is never resolved. Since AT&T is the sole provider in my area we do not get the attention deserving of us. It's not like we can move our service to another provider. They put a bandaid on it and walk away. Fix the problem! I've had several techs tell me the same thing. I'm in a bad spot and the lines won't support the traffic in the area. So instead of fixing the problem they do nothing. And as far as selling a service they cannot provide it is common practice in this area.

Everyone I have talked to were told the same exact thing. They pay for a speed they rarely ever get. The speeds are all over the board. Inconsistent bandwidth.

So what is a person to do? Continue to pay and hope that one day something is done? Believe me that's what I have been doing since 2011. Yet here we are, sitting at exactly the same spot. It has progressively worsened.

I totally understand the "peak" fall off of bandwidth but when I get way less than half of what speed I pay for during non "peak" hours there is a definite problem.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Oearlhow wrote:
...So what is a person to do? ...

Send a Private Message as I suggested above?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

4 years ago

Okay, I did not do this before, as a link was posted in a previous message, but perhaps it is not obvious enough, so I am going to post my standard informational message, and hope it helps..

Pick one of their care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

This is the ONLY way to contact anyone higher up than a regular customer service rep.

I mean, you can send a plain old letter to the office of the ceo in Dallas, Texas, but this is faster.

• 

2 Messages

3 weeks ago

same here, about one mile from hub and is sucking...one tech told me that AT&T wants to finish with DSL, I am paying $130 a month for the extreme and getting just 3 Mbp/s download and 0.20 upload, sometimes at dial up speed.....they are doing on purpose so people give up on DSL...but I have no other choice where I live...this is a pretty bad SCAM