Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 6, 2011 11:47 PM

Received phishing email from "At&t Online Service"

Received an email today from "At&t Online Service".  Since the "t&t" were not in capital letters like I usually see it, I was doubting that this came from AT&T.  The email was requesting that I send them my login name and password so they could verify my email address.  It said they were "updating their data base" and if I didn't do this immediately, my email address would be rendered inactive from their data base.  I called AT&T and was refered to this Forum and told to post my concern here.  It seems that AT&T does not have a department to handle this kind of issue.  Timothy, to whom I spoke, had not received a call regarding a "phishing" email.  So beware---

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I received the following from AT&T online services.  I don't have AT&t as my carrier.   I know this is a scam and deleted the email without opening.

( You added the following scheduled payment(s):

Service Type: Wireless
AT&T Account: 2121
Payment Method: BankDraft
Account Number: xxx268
Confirmation: WAT6T1S1JR46UGOQQ
Payment Date: 12/17/2018
Amount: $879.78

http://clicks.att.com/OCT/eTrac?EMAIL_ID=3407624&finalURL

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

@ATandscam

All you need to do is mouse over a link (don't click it) to see what it's really pointing at (it should be displayed on your browser somewhere - url bar, status bar, etc.).  In your case that link is to site.uic.edu.ph.  Now does this look like an official att location to you?  More like some school website (.edu is a dead giveaway) and uic.edu is most likely University of Illinois at Chicago (based on a google search).  Some kid having a good time and seeing how much money s/he can make with this.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.