Need help with your equipment?
RArn's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 21st, 2012 5:45 PM

Re: Ongoing problems with AT&T/ Yahoo email!!

Seems I am joining this group.  

I have ATT Uverse.  Using Apple Mail on a Mac.  Have had same email addresses for yrs - no problems.  

Two days ago 2 of my sub email accounts stopped working due to password.  Asks me again and again and again for passwords.

Online chatted w/ ATT, changed passwords.  Am able to login Yahoo with new passwords.  Can login att.net with new passwords.  Can retrieve emails on iphone.  

CANNOT access 2 emails accounts via Mail.  However, my main email account continues to work - for which I am grateful.  But still need some help please.   

Has anyone found a fix?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

RArn - Here's what I did & I believe many others did, too - Open a free gmail account & set it up in macmail. (Guess you could do it with icloud mail if you have mountain lion.) In gmail download all your stuff from att/yahoo. In att/yahoo set it to forward all new mail to gmail. Use gmail, trouble free, happily ever after.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

AHHHH. Now all ATT email addresses are inoperable on Mac.  Asking for passwords - again and again and again....I am so frusutrated.  If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate them.    Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

My expectation is that ATT will correct this error.  Their servers are not responding correctly.

However, should that not happen thank you for this idea!!  If I read correctly, I would access email as I do now via Mac Mail and email addresses would/could remain the same as they would be pushed from yahoo to gmail.  Is that correct?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

After sleeping for a couple months this ugly monster has reared its head again.

I have 2 prodigy.net accounts. One works fine most of the time. The other did not work all day Saturday and all day Sunday. It worked for a few minutes this morning then quit working.

It is the same old thing. It keeps telling us the password is invalid even though we know it is correct. Eventually it works. After many frustrating hours of trying to get through and past AT&T service techs, my only suggestion for a solution is to cancel the account. I am sure AT&T does not need our money.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Just received a call from Carla {personal content removed for safety}, Office of the President, ATT.  In no uncertain terms she stated that this was NOT an ATT issue/problem and further they, ATT would not be addressing the problem.  Suggested another carrier may work better.....

Are you kidding me?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Ta Da!

As one recent writer suggested I do (THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH):  

1. I opened an gmail account (easy).  

2. Created a new account in Mac Mail (very easy - fields self populated).  

3. Went to ATT.net opened the non operating email account set options to forward emails to the new gmail account (Mac Mail).  

And, Ta da!  Getting my emails via gmail in my Mac Mail.  Easy peasy.  Thank you Google.

So much easier than dealing with ATT!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Carla needs to find a new job or some new employees.

AT&T has acknowledged the problem here:

Intermittent Login and Password Problems

The original content of this page has been modified and they are now suggesting the problems may be due to user error.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

After months of frustration, I found that this work around fixed my problem!!! Logged into ATT.net, went to More Options, POP and Forwarding then forwarded my ATT mail to my iCloud account. I did have to delete the ATT info from all my devices to stop the password rejection pop up box but its working great!!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Tell me, why is it that we are willing to put up with this very bad product and the worse support service, and figure out work arounds after hours/days/weeks (going on years) of frustration, and STILL give AT & T our business?

I started my email & DSL service years ago as an SBCglobal.net account. It got worse when they got taken over by Yahoo, and then when AT&T got involved, everything seemed to fall apart. I spend HOURS trying to access my email, thinking "This time the password loop is going to let me through," or I'm going to choose a different option (which doesn't exist).Then I give up for a week or two and try again.

Why would I want to keep their DSL service if they won't fix my email log in?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

peggyo - I guess you missed the solution in my previous post. A number of people (e.g. RArn) nave replied in other strings how easy it is to get relief.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.