Need help with your equipment?
Hal321's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Problem accessing Canadian Website

I just changed ISP to Uverse.  I want to visit the site www.lionsafari.com -- a Canadian zoo.  When I go to the site in Uverse using IE or Chrome on a PC, or Safari on a iphone I get a message "Vinyl6J1.Sentex.Ca".  When I change my network connection on the device back to my old cable ISP I see the website for the zoo.  What's happening?  Why is this site blocked by Uverse?

I had an on-line chat guy at Uverse who had me change my DSN server on my IPv4 property window on the PC and reboot.  It didn't work. 

The issue still persists on all devices.  I am able to see the site on my iphone using Chrome and Uverse, but I want to see the site on my PC.  If I change my network connection back to the my provider everything works fine.

Help.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.6K Messages

6 y ago

It may be that the a more accurate question is why is that site blocking U-verse?  It appears that lionsafari.com is hosted on a server that referse-DNS translates as "vinyl6j1.sentex.ca".  I'm guessing that the site is displaying that message.

Just curious, does your U-verse public IP address start with "99."?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

My public address looks to start with a "108".

What I can tell you is that I can get to the site without problem using U-verse, while using Chrome on an iPhone.  I can not connect using Safari on the iPhone.  Nor can I connect using any browser on my PC.

If I attach my PC to another Network, not U-Verse, the web page paints without problem.

RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

924 Messages

6 y ago

Some things I would try if I were in this situation.

Make sure there is no proxy server set on the browsers that don't work.

Make sure as well that the DNS servers on your PC wifi connection are set to automatic.

When I try and access the website by using it's IP address 98.159.241.33 , I also get it ending up at Vinyl6J1.Sentex.Ca but it works fine when I use the actual website name.

If all looks good then I would email support@sentex.net and ask them to see if they could be blocking your 108.x.x.x IPV4 address under certain circumstances. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.