Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 1:04 AM

Port 25

I am done with low level responses, so unless you can unblock port 25 on my att account, I will be looking for new service. My husband needs this port to do govt work at home. I have gotten the run around from every person at att... I spoke to 6 different people, who knew absolutely nothing and I AM NOT paying you to unlock a port that should already be open. Make it happen!!! I dont pay this much for fiber internet to have things blocked so att can make an extra buck!!!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Transponder

ACE - Scholar

• 

373 Messages

a month ago

We can't make it happen because most of us are just customers just like you; however, I did some searching in this forum and found some information for you.

Port 25 is blocked by most ISPs because that is the mail port that spammers use to push millions of spams out daily. They are basically blocking that port to protect you and other customers. Only special use applications need it to be open and I guess you use one of those.

Below is how one customer got port 25 open. Don't let them talk you into paying for getting it unblocked. Looking over other posts in the forum it appears that chat is the best way to get it open and how many customers have done it.

============

I was also able to get this unblocked with no charge via chat on my Fiber residential account. The first person I chatted with redirected me to ConnecTech agent, who wanted to charge a fee, which I declined.

I went through the chat a second time, and I got a different agent, who was knowledgeable and was able to submit the request for my service. Almost immediately after he submitted the request, I was able to connect over port 25.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…