For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
SuperFly1609's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 29th, 2015 2:04 PM

Parental Controls for Internet Usage

Does anyone have any experience using the Parental Controls for Uverse Internet?  All the messages on this forum are from 2011-2012 and I cannot seem to find any current info.  I have downloaded and installed the Parental Controls to use with my ATT Uverse gateway but I continue to get error messages that this is not the most current version.  When I follow the link provided to update, I am given the same download and I receive the same message when I try to log in.  

If the Parental Controls are no longer available or just plain suck just let me know.  If there is something else I need to do please let me know that as well.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi SuperFly1609,

AT&T Internet Parental Controls are still available. If you are having trouble with the installation we recommend installing again.

To Uninstall and then Reinstall 

1. Select Start AT&T Parental Controls>Uninstall Parental Controls. If you're prompted with a dialog box to allow AT&T Parental Control Setup Software to modify your computer, select Yes.
  2. Provide a reason for uninstalling and select OK.
  3. Select OK when asked to restart computer .
  4. Wait for computer to restart then Select Run when asked to run parental-setup.exe
  5. AT&T Parental Controls will be unistalled.
  6. Try to install AT&T Parental Controls again. Visit the link for more information.

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.