Nvg510 Modem showing 14mbps down but speed test on single device only pulling 4mbps.
I just upgraded from AT&T DSL to Uverse Max 12Mbps. Here is the order of events as they happened.
Day one: AT&T tech shows up to switch over my service calls me on cell at work somehow order got mixed up and he didn't know this was a self install, I already had the modem and only needed the service switched over he says he has to reschedule the install.
Day two: another tech shows up when I'm home says he made the changes but there is something wrong with the line to the house, he can't get a clear reading and the line is damaged.
He says he can't make the repair and has to open a ticket with the other techs. He told me these techs would be able to look at it today. He put the order in at 10am and said they would call me soon. They never did. I had to call Uverse support only to find out they said they tried to call but never got me. I was by my phone all day, no one called. The person on the phone says its no problem, they will be at my house in the morning and call be before they get on site.
Day three: after waiting till 11 am for a call I call support again. Once again I'm told the techs could not find my house and went home. I get a repeat of day two.
Day four: Tech gets on site, calls me and says I had a damaged line outside. He fixed it and my network is up and working. His device is showing 14Mbps down. I get home and plug my Nvg510 modem in and turn off its WiFi. I go through all the setup needed. I run a speed test and out of the 12Mbps my account should have I'm only getting 4Mbps. I check the modem and see that its showing 14Mbps as the tech said, however something is not working.
My old DSL account was a 6Mbps account, i would expect a 4.5 - 5.0 Mbps speed test from that account. But my new Uverse is suppose to be 12Mbps. I'm not even getting half.
I found this post by another user: https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-2014-Archive/Hsia45-But-Not-Getting-Near-45mbps/td-p/3625099
Its pretty much the same issue I'm having please note user SomeJoe7777 Expert
"Yes, your line is not correctly provisioned.
Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them."
Please get this fixed. I've gone through so much, all I want is what I'm paying for, its been nothing but misery from day one.
More info pulled from modem.
|SN Margin (dB)||6.1||9.9|
|Line Attenuation (dB)||28.5||14.9|
|Loss of Signal||0||0|
|Loss of Frame||0||0|
|Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)||14397|
|Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)||1020|
|Broadband IPv4 Address|
|Gateway IPv4 Address|
|Primary DNS Name|
|Secondary DNS Name|