For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
hugoman's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016 4:49 AM

My U-verse internet/broadband goes out continually

I switched over to U-verse Phone/broadband several years back, and have had continual problems with my broadband dropping out multiple times a day. As the problem continues, it gos from 3/4 times a day to almost every 15 minutes.

I've had NUMEROUS technicians come out who have checked and replaced every imaginable piece of equipment they can. Sometimes they trace the problem to a box several blocks over and do some sort of repair and the probolem goes away for a while but keeps coming back eventually, thus having to send another tech out who supposedly fixes it until the next time.

The problem sometimes involves hier teir technicians to be dispatched who claim it's "the cables", or "a port at the main hub" or some such, and the problem goes away but retuns again.

I've had 4 different modems and again the tech says it should clear things up, but  within a month or so, it's right back where we started.

This recent bout has had 3 inside techs come out, replace wires, cables, the modem and that didn't fix it. The tech (same guy each time) finally said it was a problem that required a higher level tech. He came out, did whatever he does and said it was done.

The problem actually got worse., as my connection would drop out for a few minutes every 15 minutes.

I called in again, they sent another higher tier tech today, he reviewed the service reports, he did tests and said he'd fix it. Then he said it might be a port at the hub. He would fix it, and let me know when it was done. He never called back, the internet finall came back up 4 hours later, but now I haven't been  able to go 5 minutes without the internet going out.

This also affects the phone service as well.

The techs keep telling me that the inside lines are perfect, and the connection from the box 2 blocks over is fine. The signal is great, but the moment they put a modem on the line it starts having issues. And this is after 4 new modems each one doing the same thing

Explanations I get are:

The lines can't handle the signal's speed

The modems can't handle the fluctuations

Somebody left the box open and there was a short

A squirrel was living in the box

A cable was broken and causing a short

The cables in the area are old and need to be replaced

etc etc etc

I am not kidding when I say I've probably had over 100 calls/tech visits.

This issue NEEDS to be resolved and it needs to be resolved NOW. I'm disabled and I need a phone that works in case I have an emergency issue, and I need internet to stay in contact with and do business with the outside world.

PLEASE Somebody help me or put me in contact with somebody who can.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem. Unable to watch a streaming show all the way through without rebooting. I pay too much for this and am weary of calling tech support so they can come out and give a new or recycled excuse. After several visits and many excuses I got a good tech that admitted I am too far from the source box so he set me up with two-wire broadband. But now Broadband 2 signal keeps going out; modem flashes red on Broadband 2. Broadband 1 alone is not enough. Have had that repaired several times it works for a while then flashes red once again.  And I have no phone! And I’m paying extra for that phone! Better Business Bureau or FCC? Stumped.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We have the same problem and it’s frustrating. Techs will always say that let me check and when he comes back the tech will say the problem was your port so I replaced or fixed it. Then of course the internet is back up again. Then next thing you know after 2 days the internet is down again for the whole day so I had to call the att customer service again and again. They always say that the port was the problem, modem or inside wiring. It scks to keep doing it over and over.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.