Need help with your equipment?
rytexas92's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 10th, 2015 1:32 PM

My Dell Tablet Will No Longer Stay Connected to Uverse Wireless

I have the new Dell Venue 8 7000 series tablet (it's awesome!) that I got in January 2015.  For a couple of months it connected easily and flawlessly to my Uverse wireless.  About a month ago, it disconnected itself and I've been unable to stay connected for more than a few seconds after entering my Uverse network password.  It literally connects for a moment and then disconnects.  I have several other devices that are unaffected and remain connected.

Interestingly, I tried connecting the tablet to a friend's Uverse wireless at his house and it won't let me stay connected there either.  HOWEVER, the tablets connects everywhere else, hotels, public wifi, etc....

Is this device blackballed on Uverse networks for some reason?  I've unplugged my router to reset, I've tried forgetting the network and reinstall, nothing......It can't be a device issue if it connects elsewhere right?  What's up with the Uverse networks?? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Have you tried a factory reset of the rg? Instead of unplugging power there should be a red reset button on the back (depending on model of rg). If you hold that in until all the lights turn off except for power, wait about 10 minutes or so for it to boot back up. Then try reconnecting tablet. I've seen other devices do the same thing but usually they're windows devices and  it's a conflict with the firewall built in to the rg and firewall settings in windows devices especially third party like McAfee or Norton.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.