Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Dec 26, 2014 1:57 AM

Motorola Gateway and XBOX 360: NAT to open

So I've searched several similar posts and no final answers. We bought a Xbox 360 and the NAT is set to strict.  I've gone to http://192.168.1.254 and attempted to make changes but the interface is not the same.  Can someone please walk me through this?

We only have one xbox 360 that we got today.  We had no issues using Netflix via our Wii, but now with the Xbox 360, we are getting this constant message about NAT settings.  I assume it's because Netflix is accessed through Xbox Live which is being blocked.

I'm not technically savvy, we have a Motorola NVG589 that functions as a modem/router.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 years ago

@kgibsonlane Assuming you mean this:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Third-Party-Devices/how-to-change-NAT-settings-for-Xbox-on-U-verse-to-open/td-p/3604607

Does not look like yours, so here's the 589 manual:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/26009/1/Motorola%20NVG589%20VDSL2%20Gateway.pdf

You can click the Index for Nat/Gaming, pg 69, and find similar things to do as on a 2wire/Pace instructions above.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

OK, using the instructions here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/26009/1/Motorola%20NVG589%20VDSL2%20Gateway.pdf (page 69 - thank you!)

I selected Xbox Live from the dropdown list, and used my computer as the hosting device.  (That's the part that was throwing me - Xbox wasn't there as a hosting device, but the manual said to select the PC.)

Screen shot of what it looked like:

nat.jpg

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

1.) You're going to have to log into your Router (type the default IP address of your router into the address bar.)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Continued... 2.) Go to Firewall > NAT/Gaming. 3.) You're gonna need to add the ports for Xbox Live and for the game you're playing, and then assign it to your Xbox IP.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks Jordandhale!  That's where we ran into trouble.  We got the message when we were trying to access Xbox Live to use Netflix through the Xbox 360 as a streaming device.  It's not on there as an option.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks Chris, I will take a peek... after a cup of coffee Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Part of my message is being clipped - but for future reference, we selected Xbox Live as the service because we were unable to access Netflix via Xbox Live.  Hope that helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Dear jordanhale or whom ever can help

having disconnect issues while on x box live. so close to throwing this @#$% in the alley as far as i can throw it. this tech talk is making my head hurt. im assuming i will have to do some sort of port forwarding. dont even know if i used the term correctly. please help !!!

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

@ricky34987 wrote:

Dear jordanhale or whom ever can help

@ having disconnect issues while on x box live. so close to throwing this @#$% in the alley as far as i can throw it. this tech talk is making my head hurt. im assuming i will have to do some sort of port forwarding. dont even know if i used the term correctly. please help !!!

Look at the manual link above in the solution, go to page 69 and follow the directions, pretty simple.  Pay attention to what he says about having to use his computer as the hosting device,  many users miss this. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

So if I port forward for my X Box One, and change my NAT type to open, and do whatever else I need to do, My NGV510 modem won't disconnect on its on and knock me off of x box live ???