Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 1:23 AM

Mac air won't connect to wifi

I cannot connect my Mac Air to my ATT wifi.  My laptop connects to other wifi networks, including my phone's hotspot.  I have other devices currently connected to the wifi network. I see the network when I click on the wifi icon, but when I try to connect I receive an error that says, "The wifi ***  cannot be joined." 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

Below are some things you could try (no guarantee of success):

• In the Network preferences for your wifi/airport, click Advanced, TCP/IP, make sure the IPv4 setting is "Using DHCP" and click the renew the lease button.
  • In the network wif/airport advanced settings, preferred networks, delete the gateway's wivi ssid if it's there (highlight and click the minus at the bottom of the table to delete).
  • In the gateway, try changing the wifi's channel.
  • Ask for ideas in the Apple Support Communities (Macbook Air) forums.
  • Google search for possible solutions.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, I renewed the lease and it worked!  

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

Cool, glad it was such a simple solution.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yay!!! This worked! I had to call AT&T and they sucked, then I called Apple and they are about to make me return my computer for a new one. After 2 1/2 hours I am so thankful for this, and if anyone has AT&T U-verse you need to go on here