For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
HL63's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 3:13 PM

Loosing internet after 8:30 pm

Hello

About a month and a half ago I started to loose internet access at 10 pm every night and coming back around 11 am the next morning, about 2 weeks ago it started to get worse.

I started to loose it earlier as the days go by as well as getting it later as well. As it it is now it starts working at 2 pm and loose it at 8:30 pm.

I've talked to multiple representatives and 2 techs have been out with different proposed reasons as to why I have the problem, Finally the ATT tier 2 tech sent me to Cisco because he said the problem was with the wireless router.

After dealing with Cisco (and paying 10 DOLS) it remains the same. Finally last night I bypassed the wireless router and connected the computer directly to the Motorola modem and still does not work!

I'm at my wits end and running out of patience. What else can I do? The techs always come out when the internet is working so they always say there's no problem

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Problem resolved!! Finally a Tech who knows what he is doing (I like to think) He installed a heavy duty filter outside and a new modem and Voila! No cut off whatsoever for 2 days running!Smiley Very Happy

Sigh........ My only wish would be that it wouldn't taken 4 physical techs and multiple calls to at&tSmiley Sad

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Cool, glad everything's working!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

We are having a similar problem, but are losing live tv and recordings after about 9pm.  My guess is that increased usage around my neighborhood is causing this. Did the tech give you any ideas of why it was happening? I am so frustrated that I am most likely going to cancel tomorrow. i am so tired of talking to people and wasting time on this. thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Hi jlanter1,

No they had no idea, this is what they did From the office:

Talked to multiple techs and ran 5 tests.

sent 5 techs.

At my house:

Checked all the lines inside my house 5 times. Tried to tell me that one of the lines (different lines to different rooms) was causing a problem.

Checked the line outside my house 5 times.

Changed my syslink e-1000 once.

Sent me to cisco once and paid 12 dlls for their "help"

Finally the last tech said that he would install the outside filter and replace the modem to "cover all the bases" before sending a request to change the port in their equipment site.

If i would have to guess at what did it would be the heavy duty filter he installed, although the modem is a posibility.

P.S  I forgot to mention that he did find a lot of noise/interference in the line and was surprised the line was working at the time(4 pm) he said he found the reading at 7 dbs? and it should be at 14-17  dbs?.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

13 years ago

Keep in mind there's not an architectural reason in the Uverse design (as opposed to cable's shared Ethernet design) that should cause any capacity issues when the neighborhood "gets busy."  There could be some cross talk issues among the pairs in the bundle as it leaves the VRAD area and winds its way to your home.  There could also be other sources of interference that begin as people get home:  HAM radio operators, cordless telephones, etc.

All of these should be resolvable.  I would suggest that you continue to pursue this situation with Technical Support.  Additionally, you can download and install the utility from UVrealtime.com and look at the error table when you are experiencing a period of poor performance and see if that indicates some line issues.  Feel free to post a screenshot on this board.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

MY internet works fine **BUT** my wireless TV service hangs up or loses signal evrty night around 7pm/8pm every night.   Same story 4 different techs-changed all equipment----then latest advise "just keep following reset instructions (endlessly) running around "pairing WAP" and unpluging modem and set-top boxes.

This equipment is garbage and tech support is useless....I'm actually thinking of going back to COX.......

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

@wayne kenner wrote:

This equipment is garbage and tech support is useless....I'm actually thinking of going back to COX.......

I'm sure you won't have any issues with wireless STB's with Cox, so from that standpoint it might be a good move for you.

OTOH, if you like having wireless STB's and you want some help, you might want to open a thread in the Residential Gateway forum.  But before you do that, download the tool from www.UVrealtime.com, install it and capture the screenshots so you can post them.  This will help someone determine if you're having problems with your service before it gets to your RG, or if the issue is inside your home, maybe with the wireless STB connection itself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.