Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
T

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 2:00 PM

Laptop Keeps Disconnecting From Internet Randomly

Hello, I am currently having an issue where my laptop would randomly disconnect from the internet for no reason. I am the only one with the issue and my laptop is approximately 20-30ft away from the router. It is extremely annoying when I am trying to do something on my laptop and I have either restart my computer or disconnect from the internet and reconnect. One day, I disconnected from the internet 7 times in 5 minutes cause I was curious about how many times I can disconnect.

When we set up the internet we plugged in the ONT cable, cause the outlet to the wall was red so I colored matched it and the ONT cable was red. Did I choose the wrong cable? I do not know what the issue is and it is extremely annoying to deal with. Some of my other family members are having issues from disconnecting or having the internet be extremely slow, but the it seems I'm having the most amount of issues, if anyone can help that would be great.

Responses

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.9K Messages

2 months ago

Ont gets connected to the red gateway port. I assume you are having WiFi disconnects? Restart gateway. Confirm you have the latest network card drivers. Change WiFi channels, turn off 5.0 radio. 

att gateways are known to have poor WiFi radios. You may need to invest in a wireless router or mesh WiFi system to connect to the gateway. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question