Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
A

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 30, 2020 3:13 PM

Internet completely down

Our Internet at home has been completely down since we woke up yesterday morning. I work from home & am unable to work. I can not afford not to be able to work or lose my job due to this issue. When will it be back up? 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

2 months ago

This forum is not customer support. No one here can tell you when it will be restored. Customer support likely can’t either. They can only tell you what is documented in the outage ticket. If the technicians working the outage don’t update it, not much customer support can do but would you rather the technicians fix the problem or update the ticket? You did report the outage, yes?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

2 months ago

You can check this link to see if an outage is reported in your area. If not, it's likely an isolated connection issue just affecting you. What model gateway do you have, and what lights are showing? If you have Red Broadband and/or Service lights, it's likely a broken connection. Make sure that the data cable connecting your gateway to the wall outlet is connected at both ends and isn't damaged. If you haven't already, unplug the gateway for 20 seconds and reconnect. If the lights don't come back to Green, contact 800.288.2020 and report the issue; a tech will be dispatched if needed.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question